“Also apprehensive but we had a good experience.”

YourStay MidTown Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
YourStay MidTown Apartments
Ranked #434 of 468 Hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Also apprehensive but we had a good experience.”
Reviewed August 26, 2005

reading mixed reviews about this apartment/hotel, we were concerned about potential problems. When we arrived and saw the room, all was well. A large studio, modern decorations. Comfortable bed and pull out couch with comfortable and clean sheets and pillows. Basic but clean washroom and decent kitchen, also very clean with modern appliances. The studio room was very large and it easily accommodated us (3 good friends who were interested in shopping, gallery going etc. I think that it would be perfect for a family of four (but no larger). We may have lucked out and been assigned one of the better rooms (it was on the top floor of the apartment building). The check-in on the 2nd floor of the Herald Towers apartment building is a bit dodgy, but with the savings, if you're a relatively self sufficient person, that should not concern. The Herald Towers apartment building itself is quite decent and you feel like you're staying in a relatively upscale NYC apartment building (there is security at the entrance). All in all, a good experience. I would stay here in future but would still have reservations about getting a substandard room on another floor, (from reading the reviews).

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Belfast, N.I.
Reviewed July 27, 2005

Had some reservations about staying here from other reviews, however all such reservations evaporated the minute we entered the apartment. (19th floor) All clean and very acceptable, kitchenette with fridge, cooker and microwave, fully equipped. Lounge area great with tv/dvd. Seperate bathroom.We had two kids with us and got on just fine. Location unbeatable, would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2005
2 Thank cmoo
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Before i left for my trip I didnt know what to expect by reading some of the reviews on here. I was actually rather scared. When we arrived we came across the fact that the check in desk isnt on the first floor its on some other floor. The hall ways were also stuffy. But when we got to our room it was nice and cool. We rented a one bedroom with living room and kitchen. It was nice. Its not a hotel but nice. It had dishes and silverware, a tv with dvd and vhs, and a radio. The bedroom bed was a bit hard but tolerable. But on the other hand the sofa bed was really uncomfortable. We even took out the matress and put it on the floor but the matress is uncomfortable. The locations is also very great! literally steps from the metro. I enjoyed to the place. Hope you do to!

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2005

We were forced to stay here during an emergency housing situation -- so we weren't tourists, and therefore thought we could put up with some of the items brought up in the lackluster reviews.

BIG MISTAKE

The place smelled of smoke, and everything had a slightly funky film on it. By the second night we were sleeping on top of the covers and using our own towels.

You know when you were 21 and didn't care where you passed out at 4AM? This is one of those places. Except here you are out $200 and you aren't heading back to the dorm the next day.

All of this would have been acceptable if the place was sold at "flop house pricing" -- but it isn't, and as its marketed, it's truly deceptive.

We ended leaving early and dropping another $250 a night for a CLEAN room. If we were here on a trip we would be incensed, but as we were locals we shrugged it off. Unless I was planning on jamming 5 frat brothers into a room and being blurry eyed all week (which from the looks of the other guests thats who stays here) I would avoid.

NOT WORTH IT. SMELLY AND UNKEMPT.

One good thing -- staff guys were pretty cool, and they kept and held our reservation as requested.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Reviewed May 27, 2005

I must admit that I was a little skeptical checking in, as the check-in office was just two guys with a cell phone and a bunch of keys sitting in a room. Otherwise, this was a really great hotel. The studio apartment was HUGE (for NYC standards) with a really nice cable TV, DVD, CD player. The linens were clean as was the entire apartment. Great location with very little street noise at night.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 24, 2005

Stayed at the Yourstay Broadway Apartments with my wife and 3 friends. The accommodation was a decent size and the overal condition of the apartment could have been improved with a lick of paint and a bit of tlc. Nonetheless, the price was very good and the location was amazing. If you are coming to NY in a group and you want the most central of locations then I cannot think of anywhere better. One thing we didn't know before we arrived was that both bedrooms are double and not twin bedded and that the shower was in the ensuite and not communal bathroom. This would have been very useful info before we arrived....The guys in the office gave us a blow up bed to help us out in the end so no harm done.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2005

I recently returned from a Mother/Daughter shopping weekend in NY, May 12-15th. It was my mother and younger sisters first visit to the Big Apple, so I reserved two adjoining studio apartments for a party of 6 across from Macys. Upon checking in, I was informed that adjoining rooms are not guaranteed. I wasnt happy but accepted two rooms on the 20th floor, separate wings. We quickly inspected the rooms and hit the streets. My mother, daughter and I returned to our room to rest up for another exciting day. The three of us immediately became very congested, developed a headache and found it hard to breathe. To make a long story short, the next morning we discovered the bathroom was infested with mold and mildew. The shower curtain had mildew, mold and dried soap scum, the ceiling was black from mildew, the tile and tub had mildew. I immediately contacted reservations to report the rooms condition, our illness and request another room. I was told that they were completely booked and to inform the office of the room's condition. The gentleman in the office apologized and told me no other rooms were available at that time, but to come back later. I handed him the key and let him know that we were checking out of that apartment. We moved our things to the 2nd apartment and set out to enjoy our day. The 2nd apartment's bath also showed lack of cleaning, but at least we could breathe. That evening @ 6, I checked with the office and was informed that a guest had not checked in yet, therefore another room became available on the 8th floor. That bathroom also showed signs of mildew in the tub/tile and shower curtain. He offered to personally clean it, but I declined the room and the 6 of bunked in the 2nd studio for the remaining 2 nites.

The following Monday, I contacted Customer Care to follow-up on my complaint and request a credit card adjustment for 2 nights. I was instructed to send an email along with a doctors notice for our illness. Fearing this issue may take sometime to resolve, if at all, I notified my credit card company of the incident and my dispute with Your Stay.

Despite the inconvenience and the filthy bathrooms, we still enjoyed our first Mother/Daughter Weekend. Depending on your level of comfort, the location makes it worth chancing.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member