“Gourmet Mexican”
Review of Toloache 82

Toloache 82
Reserve with OpenTable
Toloache 82 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,362 of 14,031 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Lexington and 3rd Ave
Description: Welcome to Toloache (pronounced toh-lo-AH-tchay), chef-owner Julian Medina's contemporary Mexican bistro located in the Upper East Side. Toloache is named after a flowering plant famed in Mexico for its use in love potions. We hope that when you dine with us you too will fall under the spell of chef Medina's creative cooking, which incorporates seasonal and natural ingredients and more than a dozen types of chilies. Along with the authentic Mexican menu and an exceptional tequila list, we offer elegant decorative elements imported from Mexico. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate here during Restaurant Week before the theatre (the location at 50th Street between 8th and Broadway). Our meals were all excellent and we loved the coconut and the mango mojitos. My one regret: we did not have the guacamole which was being made fresh constantly. The decor is lovely without feeling cramped. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

On the Way to the Book of Mormon we wanted a good restaurant and since we are Californians we headed into Toloache by chance. Immaculate with a friendly ambience and excellent service, the restaurant serves up delicious and varied Mexican food. On the menu one finds at least five types of ceviche, grilled meats and fish, enchiladas and tacos with a variety that belies the rather short menu. We saw many locals and theater goers but also NY business folks who know the restaurant and, based on their exclamations of appreciation as dishes were served, are loyal patrons. In a city where you can easily strike out by "dropping in", Toloache is a winner. One down side is that the Margaritas are pretty darn expensive but the chips and guacamole are among the best I have had in recent years. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is NOT your typical taco joint!
Beautifully served, quality food at reasonable prices. The chicken was tenden, juicy and delicious. The suckling pig, amazing! Don't forget to have a margarita :-)

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Unbelievably good. One of the best restaurants anywhere. Deserves a Michelin star. I've eaten alot of Mexican food both in the U.S. and Mexico and this place blew me away. I know other people are doing avocado fries, but I loved these. The quesadilla with huitalacoche and truffles was elegant, intense and inspired. My brother and I were excited for the grasshopper tacos - and they were great with an excellent bitterness to them - but the softshelled crab tacos and the beef shortrib with marrow tacos were even better. Outstanding service from Leydi. I can't wait to take my girlfriend here next weekend.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a wonderful meal here with friends. Started with a great selection of Margaritas then we just had to try the grasshopper tacos which really were pretty good. The Paella was delicious and the roast suckling pig out of this world. The service was also very good. Would go back for sure.