“Great Bagels!!!!”
Review of Bagels & Schmear

Bagels & Schmear
Ranked #807 of 13,938 Restaurants in New York City
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at a hotel close and were looking for a good NY bagel. Decided due to the trip advisor reviews to try it. We ordered a toasted sesame bagel with cream cheese and tomato slices. It was very good. The bagel is a little sweeter than you would expect but it was good. Nice crispy big bagel.

There are newer reviews for Bagels & Schmear

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The bagel is pretty basic: bagel and cream cheese. So when my girlfriend and I decided to try Bagels & Schmear, which we heard much about, we had high expectations. Back in California, there aren't many high-quality bagel shops.

Upon entering the shop on a chilly, December weekday morning, the line was nearly out the door. But due to the diligence and quick service of the staff, the line was brought down within 10 minutes. They have a variety of bagels (onion, garlic, poppy, etc) and all types of cream cheese. The size and portion of the entire bagel was very generous; I was practically full by the time I finished it. During our week long trip in NY, we were so happy with the bagels were got that we made one last visit to the shop before we left back home for California.

To this day, my search to find a bagel shop in California that mimics the great taste of Bagels & Schmear has not been found. Whenever we decide to visit NY again, the must stop bagel shop will be Bagels &Schmear.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Boys (14 and 15) wanted bagels and lox creamcheese and an iced coffee for that authentic NY experience. Bagels were sensational but the iced coffee was not - too watery for us Europeans. Would go back for more bagels in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I eat plain bagels with plain cream cheese - and these were fabulous. I went back 3 days in a row. One day, the bagels were fresh out of the oven and not toasted - and wonderful! Minimal seating, but that's typical.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

What more is there to say? The bagels are fresh and the cream cheese is great. One of the best bagel places around.