“Stumbled upon this...”
Review of Boqueria

Boqueria
Reserve with OpenTable
Boqueria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #193 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoHo
Description: Inspired by the tapas bars and "Cervezerias" that surround Barcelona's renowned food market "ElMercado de la Boqueria", Boqueria serves market driven authentic Spanish cuisine under the direction of Chef Marc Vidal, a Barcelona native.
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stumbled upon this restaurant when shopping in Soho and looking for a quick bite to eat.

What a find!

The sangria was superb ( grapefruit ), Margarita's were great .. and the food was 1st class.

Had a range of fish and meat tapa's... all fresh and wonderfully tasty.

You must drop in here ...

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Open Kitchen, Wood decor, Loud , Yuppie crowd , Tapas and of course the "Jamon Iberico"...

It was a first for us to try this place after a friend recommended us and we were not disappointed .

The problem is that if you are 2 and you are out of town, you will not be able to taste all dishes. We did not try the famous Paella as it would be too much. We went along with what our helpful waitress suggested us and they were all hits.

Will go back.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After deciding to explore the Soho district of New York on a recent visit I came out of the Subway to find a miserable grey wet day. I made my way down Spring Street and noticed Boqueria and after sticking my nose through the door I immediately decided this place was for me. I was not disappointed. So I propped myself up at the bar and after a delicious glass of crisp white wine (recommended by the barman) and a portion of the Bombas de la Barceloneta, i immediately texted my friends to join me. A few glasses of wine later coupled with Moruno y Salsa Verde(lamb with Salsa Verde), Albóndigas (lamb meatballs), Tortilla Española, and rounded off with a delicious cheese - Valdeón (also recommended by the bar man), it was Siesta time...delicious...

What a find...would go back tomorrow but its a long way from Ireland...

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We have been to Boquetia twice now and have had fantastic food and service both times. Any restaurant that has its kitchen in full view shows total confidence in the ability of the chefs to be able to produce great food. If you sit near the kitchen it is like watching your own cookery demonstration., everyone knows what they are doing and it is a well oiled machine. When we visited this time, there was a change of shift, and the evening waiting staff were all sitting near us, being told by the maître d what was on the menu that night, and what the specials entailed. They all then had a short wine tasting session and a chat with the head chef for their shift. It was so lovely to be able to have a glimpse of how it all works behind the scenes. The food speaks for itself, great ingredients, great wines and fab service. The decor is modern but cosy, with great lighting and good music at a level you can still hold a conversation with your fellow diners.

You really can't go wrong if you need a quick bite of a couple of tapas dishes, or to linger with something more substantial.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is the first real Spanish restaurant I have found in New York that is not Latin or Colombian. It's a pretty cool place. The time between ordering and receiving your food is so short it's great. The selection of wine and cheeses is amazing too. The atmosphere is bustling and alive. It's a great place to start off your night. The food is exquisite and the staff are friendly. I would recommend this place to everyone.