“A little bit of Old Country cuisine”
Review of Doma na rohu

Doma na rohu
Reserve with OpenTable
Doma na rohu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,961 of 14,304 Restaurants in New York City
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: West Village
Cross street: Seventh Avenue
Transit: We are two blocks from the Christopher Street or Houston Street subway stations. We are a few blocks from the West Fourth Street subway station. We are just a few yards from the M20 stop at Morton Street.
Description: Old World meets True Village in this charming, reasonably-priced restaurant featuring the best foods of Germany, Austria, Czech Republic and Hungary. Favorites include the Beef Gulash, Saffron Chicken Paprikash, Pork Schnitzel with Lingonberries and grilled specialties, including the standout hangar steak and the Sausage Platter. The well-rounded wine list includes wonderful Austrian and German wines, as well as some excellent French, Italian and Californian vintages. The tap beer selection includes Czech, German and Austrian beers, as well as a few local brews done in the Old World style. Masterfully designed to evoke the Old World while still feeling totally Village, the space lives up to its name. Doma means "At Home on the Corner," and the German light fixtures, reclaimed wood wainscoting, plaster walls, old Slovak prints and photographs are just what you imagine Great-Grandma grew up seeing in the Old Country. Or sit outside for a view of Village Life.
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The restaurant was quiet at dinner despite rush hour traffic outside, I had a comfortable seat at the window, and enjoyed the beer selection. Meal was wonderful, service excellent and engaging. I would eat there again on my next trip.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went for dinner to this West Village restaurant operated by a Czech and Hungarian. Had a typical
Hungarian mains and was really good. My wife, a difficult chooser was also pleased with her meal. Service quite charming, presentation nice and the service willing and good. The music by a live band was a bonus.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a little Eatern Europe charm. The Asian wait staff with heavy accents threw me a bit. The ambiece was like a stube in Europe. My weisswrst and kiebasa were good. Delicious red cabbage. My cousin had an over fried hangar steak special. Her husband liked his "bunny" sausage. My son said the veggie spaetzle dish was tasty.

I thought the portions were small-except the overdone hangar steak. Next time inNYCI will look for another spot.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Happened by this Czech family restaurant between lunch and dinner on thanksgiving. Sat at the bar where we found a great selection of Wine and Beer from around the globe. Our only disappointment was the that we couldn't stay for dinner as we had reservations elsewhere. The food sure looked good. It will be on our list for a proper dinner on our next trip to NYC.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great coffee, service so nice. I love the nova bagel sandwich it's perfect. Inside is very cozy and u can use wifi and that's a plus. I go there very often. I like the kind of people that come to this cafe it might not be for everyone for it is for me.