“Enjoyed Tribeca Blu Very Much!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SoHo Garden Hotel

SoHo Garden Hotel
Ranked #372 of 467 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“Enjoyed Tribeca Blu Very Much!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Would give it 5 stars but rooms were pretty small but found very comfortable with the giant windows I had. Bathroom was nice and large though. Loved the location as can catch a variety of subways lines nearby. Not a huge amount of restaurants in immediate area but a short walk over to West Broadway solved that issue. Have to check out restaurant Lucky Strike.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JoseUrracaGM, Guest Relations Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
We are truly happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here at TriBeCa Blu Hotel. One of our best assets is our location because of our large variety of subway lines making it easy to travel along the city as you have stated. We do hope that you come back to stay with us in the near future.

Brian Urraca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Forestdale, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

You MUST understand this hotel is on a very loud, busy intersection. I sleep soundly so that didn't bother me in the least. Reception desk ppl friendly, helpful, courteous. I was told the room I had booked online was not available at check-in and that I would be discounted 10%, placed in a room with a King bed for 1 night and then would have to change rooms for the next 2 nights. In fact, I stayed in the King room for all 3 nights. Adorable origami type animals on the bed made with wash cloths a nice touch. N-R-Q subway right out the door and A-C-E subway a few blocks away. Easy access to Canal St shopping, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Little Italy. One quirky thing is you cannot control the room temp. I had to call the front desk daily to c/o about how warm the room was & they adjusted it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BGA14
We are excited that you have found TriBeCa Blu to meet your standards. We do make sure that we accommodate the guest’s needs to the best of our potential and it has been a great success to this point. Location is one of the best in New York City followed by great shopping and great city life. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't very happy with Tribeca Blu when I arrived - the corner it's located on is extemely busy and stressful with numerous people trying to sell cheap fake bags, watches etc. The two reception people were unfriendly and made us feel unwelcome. And then our room was absolutely tiny, and hot (they control the heat/air con centrally) with a 'full' bed - for non-US people, note this is a small bed deemed appropriate for two people. And street noise was extremely loud.

But on the plus side, the wifi worked, it was very clean, the bed was surprisingly comfortable, the shower was good, and it was a nice short walk from nicer parts of town. And it was cheaper than most other hotels we found. So it can have 3 stars. But I wouldn't stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank ms_scotsgirl
We truly apologize for the experience you had here at TriBeCa Blu Hotel. There are internal issues we will take into consideration and will do our best to improving them. We are glad that you indeed liked the service in our housekeeping department which is one of our best asset as well as the complimentary WiFi here at TriBeCa Blu Hotel. We do hope that you do consider in staying with us in the future for a second stay to make your experience a better one.

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

As business traveller, I frequent a few hotels in New York. During my last visit to New York, I stayed at The Tribeca Blu Hotel, which I found online. It seemed like a new hotel with fun features. I booked it for 1 night. When I arrived, I was greeted by a very unfriendly person in the reception. No eye contact from him. He was chewing gum up at my face and it was insulting. I was given a room on the second floor, which was tiny and did not have a closet. I asked the reception for another room and their answer was, we are soldout for the next 2 days, I am sorry. That added insult to injury. I came back from a dinner that night and the air conditioning did not seem to work. I called the reception and they informed me that there was no engineer and it is an ongoing issue. I could not get any sleep. When I checked out in the morning, I asked to speak to the hotel manager. The reception told me that he was busy in a staff meeting and that he had a busy morning. Here I am a guest and I paid $250 for the night and the manager could not even see me! This is unheard off. I paid such a high rate for rude customer service, a room that was uncomfortable preventing me from sleeping and to add the icing on the cake, the manager did not even have time to see me, a guest. Shameful! Well, I know better never to book a hotel such as The Tribeca Blu ever again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mills J
We strongly do apologize for the service that you have received at TriBeCa Blu although highly unusual these issues will be addressed and improved. As being one of the newest hotels in New York City we do take these comments into consideration and truly are working on improving these issues as stated and we do hope you consider giving TriBeCa Blu Hotel a second in making your stay a pleasant one.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

We booked the Tribeca Blu for our wedding party in NYC, and were astounded how they stepped up to the plate! I had contacted Loren, the concierge, prior to our arrival, just to give them a heads up that it was indeed, a wedding party, and that we had a couple of needs heading in. They were very accommodating to all of our requests, no matter how minor they were. Loren contacted us the day of our arrival to let us know that Blu had upgraded our room since we were a wedding party. When we did get there, there were towel swans prepared for us, and they even left us a bottle of wine welcoming us. The room was spacious, with excellent views from the floor to ceiling windows. All the staff were very excited about the wedding, even down to the director of housekeeping leaving us a hand-written note of congratulations. All of their attention to details made our wedding a memorable experience, and we would definitely recommend them and would stay with them again.

Room Tip: The property is right on Canal st, so the lower floor rooms could get a little noisy, but no one in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was an amazing experience being a part of such an unforgettable event. Our staff is all about originality, creativity and most importantly our consistency of small detailing is what makes us stand out as a team. We appreciate the recommendation and we hope that the amazing experience is repeated as we would make your stay exceptional!

montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overall pleased with this hotel. Location is great place, room was clean, bed was comfortable. It may be the world's smallest hotel room and from our room on the second floor, the street noise was loud. Would go back but request a room on a higher floor.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at TriBeca Blu Hotel. We hope you that you indeed come back for a second stay here and truly are sorry for the noise but a higher floor is the best recommendation for your next stay.

Guest relations
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Cost: We got 5 nights for $987 including taxes. This was good value for NYC, considering its excellent location.

Location: Centre of Canal Street, literally on the corner of lower Broadway. The street is hectic with lots of people selling knock-off goods on your doorstep and low-end stores. However, if you like downtown NYC, as we do, you are a short stroll from all the best neighbourhoods- Tribeca, Financial, Soho, Little Italy, Greenwich village etc. Also, subway station outside the frontdoor.

Rooms: Try to get near the top floor (9 floors) to escape the street noise. Views are ok also. Rooms are very small and basic - but all rooms are in NYC in most people's price range. The bed was unbelievabley comfortable. Great sleep every night. Bathroom was fine but water pressure was hit or miss at times. Beds made every day. Security isn't an issue here.

Service: Don't expect much. Front desk manned 24hrs but that's all the service you'll see. The staff are young and friendly.

Overall: If you like downtown and are happy with basic clean hotel rooms, this place is recommended and offers the best value that we found.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank DJF2012
We are very pleased and glad that TriBeCa Blu was part of your adventure to NYC! It is great to hear that your stay with us fulfilled all your needs. As a fairly new hotel our plans is just to be better in every way possible and this is what we strive for. We hope that on your next visit to New York, Tribeca Blu is the first choice Hotel.