“Don't stay here”

Ranked #368 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington, Virginia
“Don't stay here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I went there for 2 days in last week of Jan. The room security latch was broken and the room was too hot. I tried AC but it was not working. I complained at front desk and the answer I got was shocking! Open the windows and if it gets too close, close the windows. But in any case I won't be allowed to control AC of my room. The internet speed of wifi is pathetic. Also rooms are cramped. If you have slightly big bag, you don't have space to step down your bed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Rasyq
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Hello,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience at TriBeCa Blu. Hopefully when you visit NYC you will give us one more chance to WOW you!

Jose Urraca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I loved the tribeca blu...it was not too expensive and the location was great for me. When I am in NYC i am not trying to stay in a big luxurious hotel room all day... i want to get out and see the city...so the smaller rooms were perfect..it was clean and the staff was friendly. I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Chose the larger rooms with the very large windows on the upper floors if possible...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lorenzo S
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello,

We are truly glad that you have "Loved TriBeCa Blu" as cleaniness and great costumer service is one of our greatest asset. We cannot wait to have you back!! xoxo

Warm Regards,
Jose Urraca General Manager
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I can't wait to return to this hip boutique hotel!! Despite a late night arrival, staff (Ernesto) was super friendly and helpful. He recommended a great 24 deli that delivers!! The room was amazing, views were outstanding, and room was very clean!!! I was looking forward to the hustle and bustle of Canal St and definitely was not dissapointed. If you don't care for noise then this is not for you but who goes to NYC for peace and quiet?! My husand and I had an amazing weekend and are looking to plan our next trip very shortly. The price was amazing and even without the website sale we caught it is still a great price! Thanks for a great hotel in the best city ever!!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Yessenia K
Hello,

I am truly glad to read about your fantastic experience in NYC! We are truly sad that you had to go so soon! We cannot wait until your arrival again at TriBeCa Blu and we will make sure that the next stay is an unforgetable experience! Cannot wait to have you stay at TriBeCa Blu again!

Warm Regards
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Don't let the knock-off sellers scare you away from this hotel. Once you get inside this hotel's sleek, modern decor will make you forget. I stayed here while visiting my daughter at nearby NYU last October. Be prepared because the rooms are like most hotel rooms in NYC - postage stamp sized. But, the service was great and the staff was very helpful. The hotel is literally three steps away from the subway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Constance H
Hello,

As we are a few steps from the subway station we are a very easy commute to anywhere in NYC. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed our customer service from our great Staff members. We cannot wait to have you stay again!

Warm Regards
Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Second time we've stayed at this hotel this year. The staff are so friendly and very welcoming. More than happy to help with everything. I have stayed here with friends and my father and its perfect for all people, of all ages. Location is perfect, right on the subway and walking distance to; Soho, Greenwich village, East village, China town, Little Italy, EVERYTHING! Feels like a really cool area away from the madness of Times Square. So quiet and the beds are so comfy!!! Rooms lovely and warm, bathroom modern and clean. Really couldn't recommend this hotel any more, we will be back, thank you so much for a fantastic stay!!!!

Room Tip: Great internet on lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jennie B
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I am very glad to hear the great experience you have encountered from our staff and our neighborhood. We are very lucky to have such a great location making it a breeze to go anywhere in NYC. Our staff is one of our greatest Assets at TriBeCa Blu.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year

Dania Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had the privilege of staying here two weeks in a row when I had to travel to NYC on business. Yes, you do hear the traffic/noise on Canal St., but that was a small price to pay for the fantastic staff, spotless accommodation and great location! I found my rooms (603 and 406) comfortable and cozy. I made a special request to have a room with a closet for both stays and my request was readily accommodated. If you can get over the fact that the hotel is located on a busy street, you will not regret your decision to stay at the Tribeca Blu!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank BookItMichele
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank You for being such a great guest. We would like to meet your request all the time. It is our pleasure to have great happy guest stay with us. Hopefully you will come back very soon!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Looking for a cute and well appointed boutique hotel in New York? Cannot go wrong with TriBeCa Blu. Best part is the staff! Friendly, helpful and accommodating. House Keeping is great too! Special thanks to Mae!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AWM-12
I am very proud to say that our staff is one of our greatest assets! We always try to make each guest feel welcomed. So happy you were able to experience it!