“Really a 3 PLUS”

Ranked #367 of 468 Hotels in New York City
new york
“Really a 3 PLUS”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just stayed at The Tribeca Blu Hotel. Loved the price, we got a bargin at $325.00 a night when the other Tribeca hotels were between $455 and $625. The sale price was listed on their website so check there. Nine story building on Canal Street and Broadway. We had the best room in the house, King corner room with all windows and great view of the happenings. (807 I believe)
Not a place for a visitor if they haven't really seen and know NYC..it would be an aweful first impression of the area since the two streets are full of souviner vendors and hotdog carts.

If you just want a clean and neat, reasonable priced, hotel in Tribeca this is the location for you. Near the N & R Subways lines, walking distance to parks, The Piers and its activites, lots of great restaurants, galleries, and shops. Walk to China Town, Little Italy, have drinks at many very cool hotel lobby bars. Its not a Ritz Carlton equivalent, but better than a Holiday Inn. Sparse sleet decorating, but roomies enough, clean, complimentary water, and a comfy bed. Staff willing to serve and you are really getting a great price.

Room Tip: 807 makes it worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cynthia k
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Glad to read about your great experience here at TriBeCa Blu. You stayed in of of our most beautiful rooms with great views to the nearby neighborhoods of TriBeCa, SoHo, and China Town.
This truly makes it all worth it when you wake up in the morning and enjoy such a great view with amazing long windows. We hope to receive you once again with great welcome.

Jose Urraca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Polish first
London, UK
Reviewed October 14, 2012

For a budget traveler only. Room is dorm like and facilities sparse. This is the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. There is no way that the windows are double glazed and the Canal and Broadway traffic is constant. Atypical NYC noise. Walls are paper thin and as a single, female traveler was spooked awake thinking someone was entering my room more than twice, but it is my neighbours. Doors slamming as usual activity but all noise is somehow amplified. I asked for a room not facing the street but that is not possible. Staff is very nice and useful. Not recommended for business travel. Wireless is included but the rooms are not conducive for work. Outside noise is too intrusive.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Ravegirl9
Truly sorry to hear about how noisy it was during your stay at TriBeCa Blu. As we do have double plated windows traffic noise coming from Manhattan Bridge and Holland Tunnel beats our windows. I hope that you will give us a chance again and hopefully we can get you on our highest floor possible.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was very pleased with my stay at TriBeCa Blu. Yes, the rooms are quite small but functional. I asked for a room with a closet and got one. The room had a very nice flat screen TV. I had a maintenance question and someone came to my room with 5 minutes and explained everything to me. I found the front desk staff very accommodating. Is this a romantic getaway? Probably not. But if you are looking for a reasonably priced ( by New York standards) room in the city, this is a very fine choice. I ran into the hotel GM in the elevator and he seemed genuinely concerned about the quality of my stay and the quality of his hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a closet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I am so Glad to hear that you have found our level of service to meet your expectations. We try to accommodate every guest to fit their needs i am so glad that we have matched yours. We do hope you come back to visit and make your stay as enjoyable.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was terrible value for money. They charge something like 300+ US$. They give you a tiny cubby hole of a room. The room does not have any closet so you are forced to live out of a suitcase. The aircon controls are fake – everything is controlled centrally so you may alternately freeze and sweat. When I came back from dinner on the first night, I found that the AC was not working. On calling reception, I got some ‘We’ll take care of it’ sort of reply. After 15 minutes, I went downstairs to complain and the reception said that the ‘AC Maintenance’ person was busy and would shortly be putting the AC on – 15 minutes to put on an AC switch??? They also do not have a breakfast area – ostensibly because ‘there are many restaurants’ in the area. While the hotel and the room was relatively clean, that is the only positive. I should have checked the ratings on Tripadvisor instead of looking solely at Expedia. I would not recommend this hotel to anybody, no matter how desperate.
A.K.Mondal
Mumbai

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ARNOBM
I truly am so sorry to hear your experience at TriBeCa Blu. Our A/C Unit is running well but ultimately we do run into some situations where it does have a malfunction. We do have rooms of all types of all sizes with great accommodation. We do hope this does not ruin your image on TriBeCa Blu as
I hope you give us one more chance to make it up to you as we know you can have a great stay at TriBeCa Blu.

London
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Fantastic location in lower Manhattan, right in the midst of all the action! The hotel suited us very well. We didn't need a lot of help as we planned our activities on our own, even down to where to eat etc! It was always clean and had what we needed (thank you Michelle for the super house keeping!). The staff are helpful, I made several requests during our stay and they always delivered. You just need to ask if you need help.

It is true that it is noisy in this location, it isn't really the fault of the hotel at all, it is located at the intersection of Broadway & Canal so VERY busy traffic and lots of people all hours of the day. Just bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. The only issue we found was the air conditioning. It was very cold at times (even with the immense humidity!), and had to ask for it to be adjusted by the staff because the controls cannot be changed in the rooms. If this could be changed so patrons can adjust this themselves according to their needs, this would be very helpful.

I would definitely return, it's an amazing city. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ms_ekay
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
I am very pleased to know that all of your needs where met and also that you have experienced the exceptional service that our family here at TriBeCa Blu offers to all of our GUEST! We do hope that when you come back to NYC you will stay with us once again! Hope to see you Soon!!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a new, clean and modern hotel. The rooms are small but functional (I don't go to NYC to stay in the hotel) and have great bathrooms. It's fresh with excellent A/C and friendly staff. As I want to be close to TriBeCa, SoHo and Little Italy with all their restaurants and diners it's perfectly situated. It's a noisy and busy street but if you don't like that; go to Yukon. The rooms are still quiet, though.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CrispenM-J
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Hello! I am so glad to hear how much you have enjoyed staying at TriBeCa Blu. As we are located in the heart of SoHo,Little Italy, and TriBeCa we are truly a great place when it comes to enjoying what all three neighborhoods have to offer. We hope top see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice hotel, located in an area that at first appears not to be very safe. It just appears to be so, my 14 year old son and I never felt that we were in danger. The hotel is located in a very busy area of the city and it is near to many good restaurants and stores. The room is very small, luckily, we spent all our time in the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms. I can imagine that the rooms on the lower floor and located on the Canal St. sid...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear that your first stay at TriBeCa Blu was more than exciting. Our location is one of our biggest assets and since we are located near a lot of nice restaurants and shops we are a great place to stay and enjoy the best our location has to offer. we hope to see you again soon.