“My first stay at this hotel.”
Review of SoHo Garden Hotel

SoHo Garden Hotel
Ranked #365 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Nice hotel, located in an area that at first appears not to be very safe. It just appears to be so, my 14 year old son and I never felt that we were in danger. The hotel is located in a very busy area of the city and it is near to many good restaurants and stores. The room is very small, luckily, we spent all our time in the city.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms. I can imagine that the rooms on the lower floor and located on the Canal St. sid...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I am so glad to hear that your first stay at TriBeCa Blu was more than exciting. Our location is one of our biggest assets and since we are located near a lot of nice restaurants and shops we are a great place to stay and enjoy the best our location has to offer. we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for SoHo Garden Hotel

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was our first time to NYC and I just needed to find a modern, clean, and “affordable" place to stay, in a central location close to Greenwich Village and SoHo, etc. Tribeca Blu Hotel is the ticket! It has nice, clean, modern decor from the moment you walk in the front door. The staff were very nice, check-in/check-out was quick and efficient. The bedroom and bathroom were super clean and the towels were nice and fluffy - but the room was tiny tiny tiny (that’s because I went with the least expensive room!) and it also had NO closet :( The air conditioner worked perfectly, and the room was bright. Noise was not a factor at all! The hotel is ideally situated on Canal street... right by a subway station feet away from the front door... talk about convenient! (Canal Street on the whole is a dump though!). As for the hotel accommodations, they served their purpose of giving us somewhere to lay our head and get a good nights’ sleep. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need a queen or king sized bed, do not book the cheapest room as it has a full size bed
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

First I would like to thank you for taking your time to give us such a great review! Our location is one of biggest assets. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was super efficient and convenient. We cannot wait to receive you at TriBeCa Blu with a big warm welcome. We Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the first time i walked into this small boutique hotel I could tell that I was in for a great stay.
very modern yet modest and centrally located --close to EVERYTHING!

Although i had one of the smallest rooms i did not plan to be IN the room much so the size did not bother me as much. Another plus was the very knowledgable staff. very professional efficient and concerned about the welfare of their guests.

Housekeeping had a sixth sence and never bothered me evden when i slept in, i was NEVER disturbed by a knock or a walk in from this staff.... something i had never experienced!!!
while checking out i had forwarned the staff that i would return!!!

I would definately recommend this hotel for business as well as vacation!!!

Room Tip: Unless you are single traveller, go for the double room! rooms are bright and sunny - even on the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

We take pride in giving our guest a feeling "where you can be you". I am glad to hear that you have had an exceptional time here at TriBeCa Blu and how great we treated you! The TriBeCa Blu family can not wait until your return! and we hope it is soon :)

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Spent the long weekend at Tribeca Blu, the staff (although new to hotels) were very friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless, and I especially liked the phone message I received from the Housekeeping Manager on a day I left the Do Not Disturb on the door- she left me a polite message saying they had not serviced my room due to the sign, but if I needed anything to let the Front Desk know. I thought that was a really nice touch. Great location close to Hop On Hop Off bus stops, great shopping (including fake Michael Kors purse shopping on the street) and amazing food- try the food cart out front- delicious!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

At TriBeCa Blu we have a great passion for our guests we want to make them feel like they are returning to place where it feels like home. Our rooms are cleaned thoroughly daily to ensure we have the best possible results. Hope to have you back Here at TriBeCa Blu!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I've stayed in many hotels and never have I received the kind, efficient service as I did at Tribeca Blu. The hotel was very affordable and was in a very convenient location (steps from Soho). The staff went out of its way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Lauren, Tammel and housekeeping were particularly friendly and professional. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

I am so Glad to see that you were treated with great service here at TriBeCa Blu. We take great pride in our staff as they are a very important part of our operations daily to keep the hotel running smoothly. We can not wait until you come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

MY friends and I L O V E this hotel! Everyone is so sweet! The staf is very professionel and friendly. The hotel is very clean ( thank you Mae and collegues ). I could recommend this hotel to everyone! Best location to enjoy And work in NY! Lots of love MIX Models

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
JoseUrracaGM, General Manager at SoHo Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

I am very glad that you have had a GREAT TIME!! here at TriBeCa Blu. At TriBeCa Blu we treat all of our guests like family so i am glad that you have experienced it and felt welcomed each and every time that you came through our doors. We love MIx Models also!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

If it weren't for the payment issues at the end of our stay, the hotel would have gotten 4 stars. We wanted to pay our stay half cash (leftover cash) and half with card (not the same used for booking). We first received receipt stating the full amount had been charged from wrong credit card. Then one saying the full amount had been charged from right card. Then after asking one saying in hadn written, that we've payed half by cash. And after all this, my friends credit card bookign had not been released, thus causing us issues later during our travel.
The hotel itself was nice and clean. The room was tiny, perhaps the tinies I've stayed in. Was facing busy street, so bring earplugs. The subway was right next door, so location was ok, even though we didn't find any nice breakfast place nearby (and no, I don't count starbucks as one).

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Founders81

I truly apologize for this Inconvenience of miss communication of payments but it is something that is taken very seriously at TriBeCa Blu. I am glad to hear that you have liked our cleanness of our rooms which i have to give credit to our great Room Attendants.