“Small and clean hidden gem”
Review of Rain Thai - CLOSED

Rain Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Found this Thai place on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.. My son had dunken noodles with an Asian beer. Ordered without the long green chilis, it were still a bit spicy..They have a full bar which is not aways offered. My other son who does not like Thai food enjoyed pork chops. I was hesitant, thinking they would be dry and tough, but instead, he got three moist tasty chops. Sticky rice comes in individual steamer baskets, very cute.... Waitress was friendly and easy to communicate what you wanted. It was a sunday night but we weren't alone in the restaurant, and one group came in, and sat at the bar while their meal was prepped to take back to their hotel... Even found a parking place on the block...Good choice

There are newer reviews for Rain Thai

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We stumbled upon this place after trying to find another restaurant in the area that we found through a Lonely Planet guide (but which was shut down when we arrived). There were a couple of groups in already so we sat in the area close to the window. It was a little drafty but ok. The waitress was really friendly and attentive. We got the hot ginger tea which was delicious, and some thai basil eggplant dishes and pad thai. The food was really good, well cooked, and not too expensive. I'd recommend dropping by if you're in the area.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Looks a litle wierd and not authentic but their food was very good. We had the Tom Yum soup, Drunken noodles and Pad Thai

1  Thank Travellera781
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Visited Rain Thai after reading a few reviews here at Tripadvisor. It's quite small and dark, although I chose a seat at the window. I was the only person there initially, although three people did turn up whilst I was there.
The waitress seemed pretty friendly and she took my order (a sprite, vegetable spring rolls and a chicken green curry). The food was fine, nothing to go on about, but what surprised me was that I ordered a second sprite and they charged me for both. I assumed as I was having a sprite it was free refills, but obviously not here. The green curry wasn't too spicy, but the chillis were left more or less whole. I was pleased to find Thai basil though, something which some Thai restaurants substitute for Italian basil - not good!
Overall, the restaurant was convenient with where I was staying and the food was absolutely fine. I have had better Thai meals though, but would certainly visit again for the convenience. My bill was around $15 for what I had above.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was looking for a decent thai restaurant near our hotel and found this on just a few blocks away. It was quiet inside on a sunday night, but that suited me fine. Ordered a $3 Chang beer, which i haven't had since Thailand and it started the experience off well. The summer rolls were excellent, spring rolls were good if not special. For mains we had spicy basil chicken and red thai curry, both having a good amount of heat and flavor. Service was pleasant and quik ( also you could tell they do a bustling takeout business) I recommend if you get that thai craving and are in the area.