“Worst Serafina”

Ranked #2,177 of 14,202 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Description: I can't find one at this address, I can only find other addresses in NY
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have eaten at all of the Serafina's around town. I would say east 79, east 60 and west55 being the best. This is the worst. The staff seems to be hanging around. My friend wanted bread in the middle of the meal and it had been taken from the table. I asked for parmesan cheese for the soup and the first person I asked just went away. We had to keep asking throughout the dinner. When we asked for the chef to split something in the kitchen we were told absolutely not and had plates grudgingly brought to the table. I complained to the manager and told him that I was doing him a favor and he could have cared less. No worries- won't be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The service here is amazingly fast. We sat out on the front walk, so the tables are a bit wobbly due to uneven sidewalk, but aside from that they are good. The food is divine. Very very fairly priced. The toughest part of eating there is actually deciding what to eat. So many delicious choices. I had the Al Pacino spaghetti with grilled chicken. It is a huge portion, so consider sharing a dish if you aren't starving. But it is hands down the best pasta dish I have ever eaten. Give it a try!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a great restaurant for families or couples looking for good food at a decent price. We arrived on a Sunday night around 5:00 and there were a lot of families with young children (that explains the loudness in the restaurant). Although our waiter wasn't the friendliest, the food more than made up for this downfall. Both our house specialty salads were absolutely delicious. I ordered the vegetable lasagna. It was the best I've ever had. My husband ordered the spaghetti Bolognese and said it was tasty. Our house wine was very good. A nice touch is the bread slices and olive oil which are provided to each table. We would definitely go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

After a fantastic 21 night rail tour of the US from west to east coast we decided to eat on our last night what looked like a brilliant restaurant. We were a party of 6 which immediately puts on 20% service charge! We didn't mind paying this as it seems to be the norm all over America if only we given some sort of service, the waiter was rude and seemed totally uninterested in us. Although we asked to pay as separate couples this was ignored and a further drinks order. The food was good but lukewarm as served on cold plates. This was the worst service we received over our entire visit what a shame it had to end on that note.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate there because our hotel was renovating.
Great food but the staff was not so nice and was not to helpfull.