“Great place for a casual bite”
Review of Hudson Eatery - CLOSED

Hudson Eatery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I found the experience at Hudson Eatery to be very pleasant. The service was fast, the food was fresh & the price was more than fair. We stuck to selecting burgers & chicken due to knowing we were not in a fine dining establishment. I am really not sure what the other reviewers were expecting but I along with the other 5 guests were extremely satisfied.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We went here with a groupon for Brunch. It came with 1 entree from the brunch menu and 2 beverages per person. I had the tortilla scramble and mimosa. Everything was excellent and they had live music. David Mckay was singing and taking requests. He sounded great and was personable as well. You can check him out on facebook DAVID MCKAY

Reviewed May 29, 2013

When I was planning my trip to NY, I checked out Groupon to see if there were any deals. I found one for Hudson Eatery. When we arrived, we were seated right away but then sat for a long time before we had a server. It was very warm in the restaurant. Once our server came, he did take our order in a timely manner. We had a barbecued chicken quesadilla, which was pretty tasty. I had pork chops with applesauce and latkes. The menu said "thick cut pork chops". They were pretty thin, and in no way were they thick cut. They were okay, nothing too exciting. The latkes were not so good, they lacked flavor and the texture was strange. The applesauce was actually pretty good. My husband had buttermilk fried chicken with a coleslaw and mac n cheese. He said the chicken was good, but I didn't try it as it was all dark meat. The mac n cheese was nothing special, it was just okay. The coleslaw was awful, it was bitter and unpleasant. We had to continually ask for more water, we weren't offered additional drinks or dessert. It was just an okay experience and I don't think I would ever go back, even if there was another Groupon.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had a great time at Brunch on Sunday 3/34/13. I'm glad that I used my groupon to have brunch with my bf. The live band and jazz singer was a pleasant surprise. I loved the music so much. The singer even danced with a few patrons. I wish th mimosas had a little more champagne and a little less OJ. The cocktail menu looked yummy but I only had the mimosas. I enjoyed the delicious fluffy pancakes and fresh berries that came with the french toast. I would l;ove to go back for brunch or even supper. The only con is that parking is impossible to find. We ended up parking in the pricey lot across the street. three cheers for Hudson Eatery. Hope to visit soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Hola all,

We visited this restaurant with a Groupon. We arrived just after 4:00 (had to catch a flight home) and were the only people in this very large, very 70s looking, restaurant.

Service was fine, food was mediocre, really no reason to return. We had the guacamole for an appetizer. Came with about 10 soggy chips and enough guac to go with those 10 soggy chips. I had the veggie burger and it was fine. My partner had the salmon sandwich and it was so-so.

There are so many food choices in NYC, don't make this one