“Best pizza I've had outside of Italy...maybe even including Italy!”
Review of Ribalta Pizza

Ribalta Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Ribalta Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #204 of 14,591 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Broadway
Description: located where Piola used to be
Reviewed April 26, 2014

What fantastic pizza. I went for simple - Margherita. Because if you can't get that right, artisanal pizzas won't be better. Well, the basic Margherita was one of the very best Neopolitan pizzas I've ever had. Certainly the best I can remember eating in the U.S. The crust is perfect. Thin yet chewy but just perfectly so. The sauce is great - a little sweet and savory at the same time. And the mozzarella was amazing. I'd go back today and get it again, and I just ate there last night! The service was European in the best sense. You don't feel rushed, but someone was always nearby when needed. Ambience was nice too - a sort of urban update on Italian countryside. It's also very reasonable - about $22 plus tip for a pizza and a glass of wine. You must visit this place if you are visiting in NYC, and for that matter, if you live there too.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The ambiance left a little to be desired. Felt a bit sterile. But the pizza was great, and service was terrific as well.

The house red is terrific!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Firstly, I really appreciate that this place has gluten free pizzas. As someone who really should know better than to eat wheat, it's great to see something on the menu that will both tempt me and not make me ill. The pizza didn't even seem gluten free - not dry at all.

I can confirm, however, that the staff were pretty cold and did try to sell bottled water to me when I sat down.

I think that for both great pizza (with gluten free options) and great staff then Two Boots is a much better choice.

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

The best pizza I have ever tasted (and I have eaten a lot of pizza) whether you want to sit in or eat out the pizza never fails to impress! I don't live in New York but every time I'm there Ribalta is the first place I go! wouldn't waste my time trying another pizza house in the city! I'm sure the pasta dishes are lovely also but I can't look past their amazing pizza!!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

i've had a lot a lot of great pizza in new york. from classic joints like city pie, goodfellas, and crispy, mid scale pizzarias such as nicoletta and forcella, and the gourmet pizza destenations keste, don antonio, frannys, sottocasa, via tribunali, and paulee gees. for years, i allways considered keste the best. not any more. i walked into ribalta on a chilly, snowy, night to what i had read was an equally cold decor. nothing could be farther from the truth. it was bright, cheerfull, and comfortable. the waitress was helpfull and promptly brought over fresh, hot, chewey bread with sides of balsamic vinegar and olive oil. i didn't try the balsamic, but the evoo was great, fruity, not to light. i started with a caprese salad, consisting of wedges of fresh mozzarella around a circle of halved grape tomatoes packed with the same high quality oil and basil. keste's caprice had reighned supreme... and still does. the tomatoes were woah! especially compaired with keste's meh bland tomatoes. but the cheese, while very good, doesn't compare to the greenwich icon. great overall, though. for the main dish i ordered the cilegne from the pizza pana section. a twice baked, chewey crust ladeled with tomato sauce topped with melted, fresh mozzarella, basil, and olive oil, all topped with raw mozzarella di bufala added after baking. the crust was unlike anything i have ever before experianced. a cross between the classic ny style thin, chewey, and doughy crust and the neopolitan perfection. the sauce was sub-par, although keste suffers from the same issue. the cheese, wile good in my app, was AMAZING melted, creamy, flavorfull and wholly complex. i was in pizza heavan. oh, did i forget to mention the buffalo mozzarella? creamy, tangy, and gamy. a great addition to make a good pie great! move over keste, ribalta has you beat!