We stayed here as a special treat for the last night of our holiday in New York, the idea was to spoil ourselves for one evening. It was a Friday night, so the hotel was busy, but generally our experience was good, unfortunately only marred but the noise pollution.
The Good Points
- The staff are excellent, polite, friendly, helpful - you can't ask for much more, you're generally treated like royalty during your stay.
- Our room (on the recently refurbished 3rd floor) was beautiful, a huge bed, very modern fittings including a fantastic shower and roll top bath. Lots of mod cons - Ipod Dock, large flat screen tv, well stocked toiletries and mini-bar.
- The restaurant / bar on the 6th floor had a lovely feel to it, ample staff and well fitted out. The food was reasonably priced (mains around $20) and was served very promptly.
- We were told on arrival that our room had recently been refurbished, however it's almost inconceivable that no one considered the location when refitting the windows, the noise from outside the room all night was pretty unbearable and kept us awake until around 4.30am. I know, I know, what should I have expected? We were there on a Friday night, the location is near loads of restaurants and bars, of course it's going to be noisy. But, the real nightmare was the large queue of taxis on the street outside our room honking their horns for hours on end (something that is gladly illegal in the UK!). It got so bad that it was almost comical. I know this is not the fault of the hotel, but if they are reading this I would strongly recommend fitting some decent double glazed windows to counteract the racket, surely this is advisable!
I guess that a lot of people use this hotel for it's position and go out all night in the surrounding area, so by the time they get back to their rooms it's already really late and the noise isn't such an issue. But, if like us, you want to spend time in the room when you've spent so much on it, then the noise will bother you for sure. I can't speak for what it's like on weekdays, but give this a miss on a weekend.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, TravelUp and Orbitz so you can book your Soho House New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soho House New York Hotel New York City
- Soho New York City
- Soho Hotel New York City