“AMAZING”

Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2011

best hotel i have ever stayed in. the staff was very polite, friendly, and helpful. i walked in and was in awe at the black and white color scheme and then i get told that i was upgraded to the penthouse sweet (best thing anybody could hear while staying on times square ny) Christine and Anna at the front desk were amazing and extremely helpful with anything i needed. def stay the every time i go to nyc

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 8, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the two guestrooms that are on the top floor, with a shared bathroom . I didn´t expect much since we didn´t pay much. However, I didn´t expect to get such a DIRTY room. I was fine with the room being small and sharing a bathroom but the room was DISGUSTING and it smelled. I didn´t want to touch the walls (and the bed was up against the wall so sleeping wasn´t easy), nor the carpet with bare feet, not to mention the remote control to the TV (which was ancient). We tried to spend as little time as possible in the room, so we used it only to sleep in. I couldn´t wait to get out of there.

If the owners would just clean the room and update it, they would have much happier customers that would come back.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MartaJons
nichhan, Manager at Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

While I am very sorry this person did not enjoy her stay, I find it strange that she never conntacted me or my staff for the 4 nights she did stay, and we have not heard from her since. She stay half a year ago, in which time that room, on of the most popular rooms, has had 30 more people stay in it, have found it to be a great value and no complaints. If she had a cleaniness problem, we would have taken care of any problem she had. If that did not suffice we are always willing to give a full refund and try and find a different place for them to stay. The room is quite small, which does put some people of, but we have 8 regular guest who only want that room. The bathroom is fully cleaned each day, and has a vent and a one way sky light, so I don't know how it could smell so bad. Again, I wish she had let us know here issues when she was here, and not 6 monthes later. Please see our other reviews, there is a vast difference between positve and negative. It is a mystry to me. Nick Hankin

Reviewed February 21, 2011

What a great place. Well worth the money, friendly staff and such a nice change of pace from a hotel room. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend Stay the Night for anyone looking for an authentic New York vacation.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2011

OHHHH what a huge disappointment! had so many hopes of a quaint apartment with comfort and charm-not to be. Number one this place is seriously in breach of health and hygiene laws. Never in my life have I come across a bathroom with so much mould in the spa-type bath. It was a total insult to us that anyone would expect any person to bathe in conditions like that. Complete with rusty shower screen track too. And oh the joy, of finally getting to sleep after a long journey to find mucous stains on the reverse of the tapestry pillowcases-just disgusting. I was in new york to attend a funeral and did not have the fight in me to leave the place. I was quietly seething my entire three night stay. Judging by the welcome I got from the staff member at checking in "lets do this thing cos I gotta go........" . ( Yep mate, thats exactly what I wanted to do).....I surmised my complaint would fall on immature and inexperienced ears. What a pity.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Keen-for-travelling
Reviewed January 21, 2011

This is a charming Bed & Breakfast in Carnegie Hill (18 East 93rd St.), wonderfully located, quiet, and inexpensive.

The rooms have everything you need: fridge, microwave, t.v., Internet access, iron & board, coffee & tea maker, mugs & plates & cutlery, clock, towels & soap & shampoo & conditioner.

I intend to return and recommend it to anyone who wants a lovely place to stay in NYC.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2011

8 of us - grandparents, children, partners and grandchildren - stayed on the upper 2 floors (including the apartment) of this lovely B&B. Felt like home! Literally steps from Central Park, many museums and great restaurants. We hope to return next year.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We stayed in one of Stay the Night's properties on 14th Street and 8th Avenue. The loft apartment in Lower Chelsea was absolutely perfect. Everything was new and clean, from the bedding to the utensils and appliances. We didn’t really have to leave the area, as everything was available to us in proximity, including upscale restaurants and a wonderful local downstairs supermarket. We loved the location! The neighborhood is friendly and felt extremely safe, even during the late night hours. We could basically walk to Union Square, the East Village, the West Village and Midtown without a thought. If we needed to go uptown, we were happy to see that a subway entrance was right at the end of the block, or at nearby Union Square. This place was everything that two people need to enjoy a wonderful New York City honeymoon. The communication with the rental company was top notch, both via email and phone. We would definitely love to spend some time here again in the near future, and would recommend it to others without hesitation!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple