“Stay the night, wake up happy”

Stay the Night Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 78 New York City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2011

we got an amazing deal off season to stay in one of the suites. the room was beautiful and in very short walking distance to the subway. i went with my boyfriend and we loved the room...leather antique divan, king size bed, antique furniture and a large bathroom. we couldn't have asked for more.

stay the night, without a doubt met our needs and exceeded our expectations in size and beauty but it's not for everybody. please bear in mind that one of the reasons this bed and breakfast is so cheap is because there is no service. our room was not cleaned and our bed was not made during our 4 night stay and with the exception of the towels being replenished and the trash being emptied, there was no maid service. also, breakfast was one prepackaged muffin and a bottle of orange juice for two people, but we booked after reading the reviews so we were fully aware of what to expect. it's more like living in new york brownstone than an actual B&B which was definitely cool with us.

the pictures on the website and on trip advisor don't really do the place justice...it really was charming and although we personally found it a little too far away from where we hung out most of trip to stay there again, it's absolutely perfect for a couple or family looking to either explore central park and the museum mile or shop along fifth avenue. there are alot of really nice restaurants and expensive but beautiful shops in the area. the only reason we would not go back is because we fell in love with the east village therefore we'd stay closer to the area next time. it was a long subway ride back to stay the night from there.

so happy with the establishment, happy with the room...not so happy with how far it was from where we hung out. in short, if you're planning on hanging out in the area or don't mind a 30 min subway ride to the cooler less expensive part of town, definitely stay the night.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jessicat48

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife and I and another couple decided to rent the 1 bedroom apartment at Stay the Night B&B earlier this month for the week that we were in Manhattan. The neighborhood is great (East 93rd, just off Park and 1/2 block from Central Park), the apartment was clean and the staff did their best to see that fresh towels etc. and bedding were changed regularly. However, the 58 stairs from the ground up to the apartment were a bit of deterrent (great exercise after walking from downtown back to the apartment). the only real complaint that we had was the sofa bed. It had to be the most uncomfortable bed that my wife and I had ever slept on. The other couple that we were with were both over 6 ft. tall and the bed in the VERY small bedroom worked out better for them. Even though they did offer to sleep on the floor in the living room as that seemed to be a better option than the sofa bed. Also, the apt. did not have a toaster and the oven didn't work which made it interesting to have toast in the morning. All in all though, it was a pleasant experience, seemed to be good value for the location and if the items I mentioned were fixed, then this place is a real find.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DavidtheTraveller
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My husband and I try to return to NY every year. Stay the Night is "ours" when we are there. No, it's not trendy and up-to-date, as the Californian complained; it's New York...it's old! It's so charming, that I hate to hear (or read) anything negative about this place. It's close enough to everything that the NY visitor would want, and its far enough away to be a reatreat from the hussle and bussle of the City. I love it, I love Nick, and I love New York!!! -Christy from Texas

Room Tip: Call Nick ahead of time; he'll set you up!
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Christy064
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Our trip needed a nice place for a reasonable price. Our daughter told us about Stay the Night. We registered on line and found the accommodations perfect for our need. We loved the location, the atmosphere and the reasonable price. We also enjoyed meeting Nick and appreciated his personal attention to our needs. We will definitely stay there again and have recommended it to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ovillanick
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Worst of all, the interior of my room, allegedly a "suite" but far from it, was inexcusably ugly, a mishmash of crappy furnishings. The owners clearly have not invested a dime in maintenance in years. The paint was peeling off the walls. The alleged breakfast was an orange juice and muffin in the fridge -- but only the first night. After that, guests are on their own. Best of all was a roomy patio, with fresh flowers. That was a very nice amenity. It's a good value, at under $200 with taxes and fees, and the location is beautiful and convenient. It took me 20 minutes to go from my room to the Grand Concourse at Grand Central. I could recommend to people who can handle ugly decor and poor maintenance.

Room Tip: Only the Fox Suite has a patio.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank ppetey
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is my 3rd time staying at The Night. The staff is very pleasant & accomodating. The rooms may be small but it's a boutique hotel. It is close to everything in Times Sq. If you like plays and like to be around the action, this is the place. The hotel is walking distance to the theatres & restaurants. I was celebrating my birthday and the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne ( on the house) for the occasion. What a sweet gesture! I was so touched. I had room service that actually was good. Their chocolate milkshake was my birthday treat....yum yum! Cranberries & Connolly's directly across the street offer great food at good prices. The complaints I had were other guests banging their doors and you can really hear that. ( can't help people's rudeness) Also the water pressure from the shower wasn't too great but you can live with that. The staff is wonderful from the front desk to the doorman to the people who delivered stuff to my room. I even remembered a couple of people from previous visits. I went to one other hotel last time & so glad I came back to The Night!!!! thank you so so much!

Room Tip: Early reservations, celebrating anything,
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stay for almost a month once, or even twice a year, at Stay the Night. It is my home in NYC and I am always impressed with the quality of the rooms and the staff. It is perfectly located with easy access to the Park, as well as to the east and west side of Manhattan.

This B and B is a jewel in Manhattan and I cannot think of staying anywhere else. Even while on official business and with entitlements to hotel stays, i always choose Stay the Night. It is best value for money and a very comfortable home away from home.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo