“Old, tired, small” 2 of 5 bubbles

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Old, tired, small”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2009

Forced to stay here for reasons I won't go into. Small room, won't even fit a sitting chair, can't get to the bathroom from the bed without banging into the desk. New TV, thank goodness, and a great mid-town location.

1 Thank timminn

Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Big dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

Terribly expensive and absolutely no value for money! Rooms are small, bathrooms small and old and the noise from the street makes it an unbearable experience!

Stayed three days in December 07 and it was the worst hotel experience I have had in NY. Location is good and service sometimes good ( not consistent!) but they just do not have the facilities to justufy the prices. Being " the first hotel in NY" just does not do it for me....

1 Thank JARBoston
Orlando, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Romantic, relaxing and cozy chic with old world class!

1 Thank MariaE_8
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trapped in the past--please do some real updating”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2008

Well, the bed was comfortable, the carpet was newer, and there is a flat-screen TV and wireless cable. The incredibly loud window airconditioner was so annoying, along with the banging on the street so I didn't get a good night sleep. The honeycomb tile in the bathroom and teeny shower made me feel like I was in a cheap hotel in Spain. I recently stayed at other chain hotels just North of Times Square and had a much better experience. The Algonquin certainly has character in the lobby (and very friendly service), but a speedy elevator and some not-so-ugly lobby carpet would be great. The Round Table glory has lost its glory, and I didn't even get to read any Dorothy Parker in the room. Unless you are a literary buff, go to the Kimberley or a chain.

Lincoln, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience for my Executive Event”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2008

The Algonquin Hotel in New York
All I can say about the hotel is it’s all about the Service.
I have just completed a meeting for the CEO for the company where I work and the service was outstanding. This was a group of 30 members of his leadership team and I did not hear one complaint which is rare in this business. The Hotel is charming and in a great location of Manhattan. The Staff has a can do attitude and everything I requested was done and on time and any changes were not an issue. The space was very quiet and off the beaten path so perfect for this type of meeting. I would definitely use the hotel again for a meeting of this size.

1 Thank maddi97