“The sugary stairway to heaven”
Review of Dylan's Candy Bar

Dylan's Candy Bar
Ranked #42 of 885 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife, daughter and I set out to see this place and I'm glad we did. As other reviewers pointed out they've got candies you can't find anywhere else, and tons and tons of other bulk and novelty candies (bacon chocolate!) the staff was helpful and courteous (even offered to take the stroller off my hands) so I could walk around more easily. They had free fudge samples in the lower level along with the vintage style candies, upstairs had pizza and ice cream. I can't imagine ill be able to come back to the city and not take my daughter here...

All reviews
in 16 reviews
"nyc"
in 87 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Dylan's Candy Bar is a fun NYC experience. My favorite is seeing all the old candy that I grew up with that isn't sold anymore, stuff from my 1970s childhood is still being sold here. My daughter loves the wall where celebrities have named their favorite candies. The top floor has an ice cream shop that sells frozen hot chocolate and has a happy hour for adults.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

3 floors of candy and ice cream. What more do you need to know. Huge assortment and just a fun place filled with sugar and more sugar. This is not a specialty or gourmet candy store for adults. There are no counters of turtles, truffles, bark ect. It's a kids candy store.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I took my twin daughters aged 11 there and they lived the place. The choice was staggering and they just had so much fun choosing what to buy. They loved the chocolate fondue and bought candy to last us a life time. The staff a very friendly and its a must go attraction.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I had a great time visiting Dylan's Candy Bar during our recent NYC trip. You can't go wrong with 2 floors of candy! We were enchanted by the large chocolate rabbit who welcomed us at the entrance, the clear staircases filled with candy, and the friendly staff. We also enjoyed the celebrity wall with containers filled with celebrities' favorite treats. There is something here for everyone, from the latest candy crazes to retro candy you haven't seen since childhood. For $10-$20 you can fill a Dylan's Candy Bar themed container with anything you want - what better NYC souvenir for a kid? A quick location note -- Dylan's Candy Bar is very close to both Bloomingdale's and Serendipity 3 so check those out too while you're in the area. And, it's literally right at the Lexington Ave subway exit on the N, Q, R line so very easy to get to.