“Great hot coco”

Ranked #13 of 839 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stopped for hot chocolate during a snowy day over Christmas. It was great. The place was swarming downstairs we everyone trying to buy up candy, but once you go upstairs, its much more relaxed. The sundaes and pbj sandwiches looked and sounded great, but all we wanted was a hot drink and a cupcake. We had a chocolate cupcake with teddy grahams on top. It was delicious and hit the spot. I love the whimsical feel of the place. Definitely great for kids.

Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Had a drink in cafe,good candy themed decorations and cocktails but I've seen better candy stores - Dean and Deluca on Broadway,Hershey's times sq,etc.

Liked the look of the shop but thought overrated.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We walked here from Rockefeller plaza and were not disappointed. Three floors of fun. We had ice cream and shakes upstairs then bought some candy on main floor and checked out the retro candy on bottom floor. My wife got a deal on candy themed rubber boots ($15) and found a candy she hadn't had since visiting her grandmother in Erie Pa.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Dylan's was on our list of must visit while in NYC. Needless to say...what a disappointment. My three children were so great...walking far from Macy's to the Candy Bar...only to be disappointed. The girls wanted to go up to the top floor to eat and when we arrived up top...the staff said "private party, sorry". My girls were upset of course..especially because they were excited to visit the candy store after viewing it online as well as hearing how great it was from a friend of ours. The candy store is extremely overpriced. I was really disappointed that I had my children walk that far, and out of the way to visit an overpriced candy store with nothing to offer except rejection "private party". Never again and DO NOT recommend. Spend more time in Times Square or spend the money toward a show.

1  Thank tmitch6
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is twice this has happened to me at Dylan's. They have items marked as x% off, but when you go to the register they say, "that is not one of the items on sale." There is nothing on the sign that says "selected" or anything like this-the sign said something like Christmas on sale. I think they deliberately do this, so you end up paying for items that you would have only purchased if they were on sale-like the $28 winter cupcake hat. How would we know that if the winter cupcake hat is on the sale rack, that it is the one item out of 50 not really on sale. The man working at the register said "did you honestly think this was on sale?" Well, yes if it is on the rack saying x% off-why wouldn't we? The was he said it was so embarrassing that we said to him "that was insulting" like we are idiots, so he apologized. Plus, who would pay 28 for a hat that they just wanted to wear for the day because they were freezing in NYC? It is not on just one rack that they do this, but on at least three different ones (the shelves, the dog items and then another rack). Last year, the exact thing happened and I mentioned it to the supervisor that it was a little misleading and they still would not move the items-same thing this year. It is a fun place for your kids to see and they have some unique items, but bring your wallet and double, triple check the prices especially if you think something is on sale. They put items on shelves that they know are not on sale right in the middle of the rack, so you do not realize they are not on sale unless you check your receipt. You would think something associated with the Lauren family would try to be more up-front. If it was in my hometown, I would have made a bigger deal, since I am all about being honest with people and if two people misunderstood, then you know there are way more making the same mistake.