“Worth seeing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FDNY Fire Zone

FDNY Fire Zone
Ranked #310 of 1,068 things to do in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Climb aboard a fire truck, try on a bunker coat, learn how to action against the power of fire. The FDNY Fire Zone is a state-of-the-art fire safety learning center run by the FDNY Foundation in association with the New York City Fire Dept. Visit our store and pick up officially licensed FDNY clothing and souvenirs.
Sligo
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Worth seeing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Staff were very friendly, its smaller than we expected but is a great place to buy FDNY merchandise.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank DannyKSligo

Gold Coast, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent education facility”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Wow! This place is packed with information. Mainly focussed at school groups, this ed centre provided a great insight into the FDNY. The facility is fitted out with state of the art resources that engage you. We used our NY Passes for entry but also left a donation. Worth a visit and a worthwhile place to donate to. Keep up the great work guys!

Cedar Falls, Iowa
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Small”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I went to the Fire Zone thinking it would be fun for the kids. The display is of about half of a firetruck that allows you to sit in the seats and try the gauges to pump water. Other than that there are displays on the wall and a gift shop on the other half of the building. I wouldn’t go out of my way to see this, but it may be worth going if you are a fan or a member of a Fire Department and are near Rockefeller Center where the Fire Zone is located. You could see this attraction in about 15 minutes. It's not very easy to find and I believe we even walked by it before we asked someone and we were about 2 door fronts away. Look for the Fire Zone flag above the entrance.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank redbird71
Tel Aviv, Israel
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great place to buy gifts where the money goes to a good cause!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The little ones will like all the fire fighter toys, and those (male only) fire fighter pin up calendars make great gifts for the gals!!!

Vavavavoom!!!!!

Can't wait until January 1st to put mine up over my desk at work!

Visited October 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE!!! Will NEVER recommend this to anyone.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I visited this store while in NYC on our honeymoon. My husband is a firefighter so of course he wanted to get FDNY shirts to bring home with us. It is the tiniest store I have ever seen. There were a bunch of kids on the other side of a small door/wall getting a fire safety presentation. The short divider type door that you can see over was not closed. We never entered the area since the kids were in there, but took a quick peek over top to see the stuff on the other side not disturbing anyone or entering the other side in any way. The older man working at the Fire Zone in a raised voice with a rude tone told us we were NOT allowed in there they have a tour. Which we clearly could see and were not entering there anyways. My husband is a firefighter and I used to work at our REAL Fire Dept therefore we do not wish to see a FAKE children's one...there was no reason to treat paying customers so poorly and rudely for just LOOKING. As we were trying to pick out our purchases we were then rudely told by the same man we had to move to the tiny corner by the cash register so they could sit the kids right in front of the entrance of the store and continue talking to them!!! No one could get out or in...so we could not shop and were now stuck in the store!? 15 minutes later after they moved the kids back to the other room we could leave the store. There was no reason to treat people SO awful or trap them in. You go to a store to shop an support the FDNY and can't do anything. What a disappointment.

3 Thank Jluc18