“Woogo Central Park : go for the location, fight for a good unit.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woogo - Central Park

Woogo - Central Park
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Woogo Central Park : go for the location, fight for a good unit.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

It is my first option in New York for location, first of all, and rates.
I love the area and I take use the red line (1,2,3) and get everywhere in minutes from the 72nd stop.
Units come with a furnished kitchen, tv, and private bathroom, so you can shop at Trader Joe's, Faraway or even Zabars' and keep hundreds of dlls in your pocket if you want to cook and relax at home, or even have a great deal at Gray's Papaya ¨(check the recession special...): but if you shop and don't look at prices, you could even spend more than ina restaurant when going for cheese, import food, etc.
Close to Central Park and Broadway, what else do you need?

A good room : this is when you have to start a decent fight with the person in charge and try to give a look at as many units as possible till you won't recognize the unit as shown in the pictures.

They will also ask a 100 Usd deposit , charged at your credit card upon arrival but canceled when you alredy left (I dind't like it) , and will take a copy of your credit card and your Id (I didn't like!).
But charges have been as agreed.

All together, I would recommend it when booking via their website.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MuyResidente

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Anaheim, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Let me start by saying this was an amazing trip especially being from Orange County CA, it's a great city, very different from our hometown. My boyfriend and I decided to spend 4 nights and 5 days at Woogo and for the price why not? The only thing I found great about Woogo was the location. It was very close to central park and times square not to mention in a safe area. now where do I begin with my bad review.. First of all the people in the front desk on the first floor are very unfriendly when u go in to the check in the office is a dump. The elevators are pretty old then just when u think the worst is over you walk into your room and find the windows don't close, there is a very bad smell in the sheets the restroom is small and dirty, no cable, the towels are so rough and tiny as if they were meant for children, u never see an employee so good luck getting new towels or room service. And if you are not convinced yet we had bites all over most likely bed bug bites we were itchy through out the day and night. Stay away

Room Tip: Ay a little more and get a better hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Xeniaarce

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Provincetown, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

If you have low expectations in the dorm apt. furniture, iron, but no ironing board, flat screen TV but no remote, heater, but 'it don't work', toilet paper, but only a half roll, a 2 burner stove and only 1 of the 2 burners works....if this doesn't bother you, you'll be fine! The location can't be beat-lots of great restaurants and shops around, Metro a block away.....and it's cheap! Try it once, then treat yourself to a nicer place the next time.

Room Tip: penthouse has great views, a balcony and it's quiet sleeping....
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

where do i start? I'll start with the pros first, the list is shorter but honest:

This an apartment suite with basic essentials. Two girlfriends and I shared a bedroom bachelor room with a pull-out sofa. It has a simple kitchen with all the Ikea dishware and utensils. Simple hot stove with microwave and working mini-fridge. I was impressed with how clean the bathroom was. There is decent closet as well for your coats and shoes. Plenty of clean sheets/materials and drawers for yoru clothes. Everything is clean enough and it's perfect when you're on a budget vacation. It is right by one of the subway stations on the upper west side. Location is perfect to get to anywhere you need. I love this location because it is right by central park and this area is clean, convenient and quiet. We personally wanted to stay around from the busiest parts of nyc and we didnt mind a bit of travel. Taxis are always available around this area including plenty of places to eat. Anything you need or want you must ask for yourself or go to the main office directly on the second floor. The front door/foyer is wonderful and it's a nice small place to hang out if needed.

Now, for some reason, our room had a difficult heater/ac. Perhaps the previous tenants messed it up or it has not be looked at in a while. A repair man did come up to our room to try & fix it but he said it would not be an easy fix. Other rooms were filled so we just HAD to deal with it for the rest of our trip. Luckily, we were outside throughout our entire trip and the ac still worked. the only problem was that it was noisy and the earplugs didnt help with the sleep. They usually have enough essentials and they are usually quite polite and respectful. It's only their services that need work. Any little thing you need, whether it's toilet paper or towels, you must go to them directly. anything we asked for we had to ask twice, especially if it was over the phone.

would i come back? Not to this particular place. I would look somewhere else a bit cheaper or with better services. This is not a hotel so i had no big expectations. The location is truly fantastic in my opinion and that completely made my trip comfortable.

Room Tip: try to get the higher rooms facing south to get a better view. if you're not facing south, you m...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Manasquan, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Don't expect much. The exec studio apartments reminded me of a college dorm apartment. All the furnishings are all from Ikea and the sofa cushions and arms are filthy. We spread out a bed sheet on the sofa before sitting on it. The bed was hard but had clean sheets. The bathroom was also clean but the shower stall was falling apart. The water from the faucet was brown for a few minutes before turning clear.

If you're in high school or college and just need a place to flop after getting sloppy drunk, then this is a great, cheap, safe place that keeps you off the street.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick K
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

A friend from work and I went to NYC for a get away. The booked the Woogo Tempo because it was close to the park and I like the Upper West Side. I paid extra for a bigger room, and when we got there they were sold out of the bigger rooms, even though I paid in advance, we were stuck two guys having to share a double bed. Our view was great of the Ansoma building a huge Gothic amazing upper scale condo stucture next door, which hosted Continetal Baths years ago in the cellar ) ok the Better Midler/ Barry Mandilow thing sorry.) So with our tiny room with a dirty microwave and tiny sink pending to be the "kitchenette" we managed. The computer access box did not work even though we also were charged for it.The bathroom was small, needed an upgrade, and there was no room to even walk around the bed, it was really bad. IT was a neck stain to watch the tv which loomed ontop of a shabby high top dresser a foot from the side of the bed. You litterary had to exit the bed out of the end not the side!Our luggage was stored until check in , thrown in a closet with everyone elses bags, no tags or tickets, just which one is Yours! wow. very nervous. An elevator that was in need of repair, and all of the customers were complaining about everything. We laughed it off, but I really should have booked something else. I was embarrassed I was hosting my friend's first trip to NYC! my gosh. The subway was right outside our door feel the shake, and Central Park we could walk to, but it was a very dark lit street at night, and the staff changed shifts so much, no one knew that we were actually guests. No security to speak of, anyone could have just walked in. It was not that cheap either, I have since found other hotels that are much better. They have gone through a bit of a reno, when we were there there was drilling and scaffolding all up the front of the building and stairs. They could have given us something for inconvienace, but they Really did not seem to care or even speak English. Not even a smile, and it seemed if you had a question at the desk, they were eating something and ignored you. Not impressed. The lobby decor was also hiddeous, even my unwordly friend laughed at it. WE did see a couple shows and rented bycyles in the park, and enjoyed spring. I did not like this Hotel.

Room Tip: there is nothing you can do.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is an older property, but served my purpose. Needed this area, and the location at Broadway and 73rd can't be beat. Close to shops, food, and subway. I was with another couple so room became reasonably priced when we split the cost. We were able to get a 1 bedroom rate on a two bedroom apartment. They only have a few of these (with no sitting area) which is better than taking a normal 1 bedroom with pullout couch in living area. The two bedrooms each had TV. Kitchenette was helpful. Couldn't check in till 3 which was annoying, but we could leave our bags. On check out told them we need to leave our bags for about 2 hours, and they wanted $5 each...I complained and they let us just leave them. Not luxury, but would likely stay there again. Note that the name of the "hotel" is not listed outside, so when you pull up to the address it can be very confusing. You go in, find the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor room that serves as check-in/office.

Room Tip: I had room 820, which was fine. (two bedrooms at one bedroom rate)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple