“awful But we had fun anyway”

Woogo - Central Park
Reviewed November 15, 2011

A friend from work and I went to NYC for a get away. The booked the Woogo Tempo because it was close to the park and I like the Upper West Side. I paid extra for a bigger room, and when we got there they were sold out of the bigger rooms, even though I paid in advance, we were stuck two guys having to share a double bed. Our view was great of the Ansoma building a huge Gothic amazing upper scale condo stucture next door, which hosted Continetal Baths years ago in the cellar ) ok the Better Midler/ Barry Mandilow thing sorry.) So with our tiny room with a dirty microwave and tiny sink pending to be the "kitchenette" we managed. The computer access box did not work even though we also were charged for it.The bathroom was small, needed an upgrade, and there was no room to even walk around the bed, it was really bad. IT was a neck stain to watch the tv which loomed ontop of a shabby high top dresser a foot from the side of the bed. You litterary had to exit the bed out of the end not the side!Our luggage was stored until check in , thrown in a closet with everyone elses bags, no tags or tickets, just which one is Yours! wow. very nervous. An elevator that was in need of repair, and all of the customers were complaining about everything. We laughed it off, but I really should have booked something else. I was embarrassed I was hosting my friend's first trip to NYC! my gosh. The subway was right outside our door feel the shake, and Central Park we could walk to, but it was a very dark lit street at night, and the staff changed shifts so much, no one knew that we were actually guests. No security to speak of, anyone could have just walked in. It was not that cheap either, I have since found other hotels that are much better. They have gone through a bit of a reno, when we were there there was drilling and scaffolding all up the front of the building and stairs. They could have given us something for inconvienace, but they Really did not seem to care or even speak English. Not even a smile, and it seemed if you had a question at the desk, they were eating something and ignored you. Not impressed. The lobby decor was also hiddeous, even my unwordly friend laughed at it. WE did see a couple shows and rented bycyles in the park, and enjoyed spring. I did not like this Hotel.

Room Tip: there is nothing you can do.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is an older property, but served my purpose. Needed this area, and the location at Broadway and 73rd can't be beat. Close to shops, food, and subway. I was with another couple so room became reasonably priced when we split the cost. We were able to get a 1 bedroom rate on a two bedroom apartment. They only have a few of these (with no sitting area) which is better than taking a normal 1 bedroom with pullout couch in living area. The two bedrooms each had TV. Kitchenette was helpful. Couldn't check in till 3 which was annoying, but we could leave our bags. On check out told them we need to leave our bags for about 2 hours, and they wanted $5 each...I complained and they let us just leave them. Not luxury, but would likely stay there again. Note that the name of the "hotel" is not listed outside, so when you pull up to the address it can be very confusing. You go in, find the elevator and take it to the 2nd floor room that serves as check-in/office.

Room Tip: I had room 820, which was fine. (two bedrooms at one bedroom rate)
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caratstone
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The place is very good situated. You have direct connection to the subway, where all the main lines stop. The room was clean and quite. The staff was friendly and the sourrounding area was safe. The price was too high, but to this time was the New York Marathon, where all other prices were high as well. Close to the appartement is a store called "Trader Joe" where you can find your food for a good price. Dont expect, that the stuff is cleaning your room every day, but our room was clean and everything worked well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Johann M
Reviewed September 28, 2011

We spent a week at Woogo. When we arrived late at night, we had to wait at the reception for about 30 minutes just to get our key. We were up on the 16th floor. We had a fully equipped kitchen, two chairs but no table! How were we expected to eat our breakfast i do not know. Are tables so expensive in America? Otherwise they were quite helpful and nice except for our pre-booked taxi by them to JFK which cost us much more than we thought. I would not go there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank marianna g
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Stayed here with some friends for a reasonably priced girlfriend's getaway...and we were scared! It's hidden on the second floor of the building, with no obvious signs. Check in occurs in an actual apartment turned office. Elevators are slow as molasses. Keys are used- not card keys and we stayed in an executive suite located on the 10th floor which was under construction. Walls were thin but I am a heavy sleeper. Overall, it was small but clean and made with updated materials (Pergo flooring, marble tiles in bathroom, nice kitchenette counter. Beds were pretty uncomfortable with no mattress covers, you can feels the seams of the mattress through the thin sheets. Location was great, right near the 1,2 and 3 Subway. It was decent and tolerable for a short visit.

Room Tip: ask to be placed on a floor that is NOT under construction and go by the address to find the locatio...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 57alisonm
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Woogo is probably the worst Apartment Rental agency ever. My friends booked an apartment with them in August 2011. I had to call twice to get a written confirmation from the agency, and when they finally decided to send it, neither the number of nights nor the way to get the keys was mentioned on it. During their stay, we were informed that Woogo had only paid 5 nights to the owner (although my friends had paid 9 nights in advance) and that they were illegal occupants. And I don't even mention the dirty bathroom, the windows that do not close, etc. A real dump! Beware of Woogo!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nicolas G
Reviewed August 9, 2011

This was the second time that i've stayed at this property. For the vaule it is great. I have not ever had the problems with the staff/tenants of the building that others have had. On both ocassions my room has been upgraded at no exta cost to me and the staff have been extremely helpful. The location is great with quick access to subway, a short walk from central park and minimal walk to the museums. The only downside I have is that I don't live in NYC in these apartments!!!!! Going back in August!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends