“Be a child again ...”

American Girl Place - New York
Ranked #32 of 877 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: In addition to its vast selection of dolls, including a create-your-own-doll area, this store also has a fun restaurant, a doll hair salon, arts and crafts, tea parties, and a doll hospital.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 13, 2013

If you have a daughter, you must go to the American Girl Place. They have several locations - NYC, Chicago, etc. Plan to spend several hours here picking out adorable outfits for your daughter's A.G. doll and visit the salon to get your doll's hair "done". I'd also recommend making reservations in advance for brunch at the A.G. Cafe where you, your daughters and their dolls can dine. The food is delicious and each doll gets her own chair that pulls up to the table so she can enjoy the brunch with you. Believe me, when your daughters are too old for this, you will miss and cherish the special memories made here!

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"ave"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We had an incredible brunch and then a guided tour of Radio City Music Hall. The staff was incredible and food was great. Definitely a five star activity if you are an American Girl fan. If you are traveling and don't want to carry along your doll, the cafe has dolls you can "borrow" during your dining experience.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

SInce this is my 2ed time around with the American gril Place with my 2ed granddaugther it was wounderful. Everyone treated my little princess like it was there just for her. All staff took there time and was happy to help with all my Lhara's needs. She already has a like love me doll who need to see the doctor and have her hair done. When getting her picture taken the person took so much time and care to make sure the picture was perfect. After more walking around the store and looking at all the dolls with a nice staff person she pick out her new doll. This is something all little girls should have.

only one thing could make it better is coupons.....smile

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We celebrated my daughter's 8th bday and it was her best bday ever. The store is mesmerizing when you walk in. We celebrated in the cafe. The cake was gorgeous and then they cut it up and serve it with ice cream in a flower pot with a flower. The little touches made it all perfect. I recommend the personal shopper. It's free and makes you feel so special and not rushed. We had Maria and she did fantastic with 6 girls.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I brought my god daughter and we booked lunch there. What an experience. My god daughter didn't bring her doll since I didn't want her to bring it along with her from Detroit. No problem, they let you borrow one when having lunch or if you want to have a picture taken. I was amazed at how much money is spent on a doll. Girls can purchase matching outfits for themselves as well. One woman with a newborn was purchasing a newborn American doll. Just fascinating to me. Your little girl will love it. Just make sure that you have a limit of how much you are willing to spend before you enter the doors.