Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Must See

Great place to visit with kids, grandkids or girlfriends. Staff is helpful and friendly. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Annetteme
Brought my 7 year old to the salon with her AG dolls

Today my 7 year old daughter visited the American Girl salon for the first time with two of her... read more

Reviewed December 30, 2018

Wicked on Broadway
205 Reviews
from $111.15
More Info
All reviews personal shopper ag store ear piercing doll hair salon bitty baby shopping experience new york cupcakes rockefeller center dolls outfit floor nyc clothing shoppers merchandise wonderland
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Brought my 8yr old here, nice but really expensive a place u have to see there is a doll hospital a doll cafe a doll hairdresser, a place to get matching clothes for owner and doll, a place to get portraits of u and doll a doll library and so on well worth a visit just for the strangeness/craziness factor if the place

Dolls are 200 dollars without accessories so beware

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I took my daughters here, during our first visit to New York City. We arrived when it opened, and immediately made an appointment at the hair salon, as suggested here. We got a 12:15 appointment, which they timed for after our 11:00 lunch reservation. We spent the remainder of the hour visiting all of the 3 shopping floors, making a wish list for my older daughter. (My younger daughter has zero interest in AG dolls.) 45 minutes was plenty of time for us to visit all of the floors and different areas.

The restroom has doll holders in the stalls and by the hand dryer. What a cute touch! Both of my daughters loved this!

We went to the cafe 15 minutes early, as suggested, but just stood in line after checking in and getting our table number. Next time we'd walk around until our reservation time.

The cafe was very cute, and the decor is adorable. My daughters loved the hair bow ties on the napkins, as well as the fabric daisies from the dessert as their little souvenirs. My younger daughter didn't feel well and the server graciously didn't charge the typical $10 "sitting fee" for my daughter not eating. (I was also relieved I didn't have to spend $24 for a kid who didn't eat!) The food was just okay, but the experience was fantastic for my 7 year old. We sat by the window overlooking 5th Avenue, and she loved having her doll sitting in a chair attached to the table. The staff loaned my younger daughter a doll of her choice for the meal as well--nice touch!

The doll hair salon was my daughter's (and my) favorite part of the visit. There is a huge menu of hairstyle options, with a wide variety of prices (from $5-$25 and up) based on the intricacy of the style. My daughter chose the "birthday" updo option ($25) and it was worth it . . . I could not replicate this style at home, and my daughter loved the tiara that came with it. I also appreciated that the stylist showed my daughter how to properly wet and brush the doll's hair (who knew?). The stylist appreciated the small tip we gave her afterwards. Remember to pay for the hairstyle before the appointment as they need the receipt before they can style.

We spent a total of three hours in the store/cafe, and we felt like we had covered everything very well. The lines for the cash registers were very long in the afternoon, but the line for the first floor registers moved the quickest. My daughter had a fabulous visit, and we will both treasure the memories!

3  Thank LuvSHOes
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently visited the American girl New York store and the experience was phenomenal. My daughter was so excited she was finally visiting. They have truly thought of everything here. The store is huge. I contacted the personal shopping department prior to our visit and set up a appointment for my daughter, and they made our visit extra special. Upon arriving we brought our coats to coat check and were directed to personal shopping. The lounge is comfortable and nicely decorated. We met with Robyn who was awesome. She talked to my daughter about what items she already had and what interests she had. We also discussed what our shopping budget would be. Robyn then gave us a extensive tour of the store and got a sense of what my daughter would enjoy. Robyn worked with my daughter to make selections that she would play with when she got home. When all was said and done we left right on budget. There was no pressure to buy and this is a non commission environment. My daughter left with some well thought purchases and a great childhood memory. Thank you Robyn! We also visited the doll hair salon. This was so much fun. They have a number of choices for the girls to pick from and we also had my daughters dolls ears pierced. They have truly thought of everything. We can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I took my daughter to AGP in NY for her 6th birthday. We arrived just as they opened the doors on a Monday morning. What a great time to be there. We were first in line to the doll hair salon. We went immediately after up to the Photo Studio and had no wait to get our "photo shoot" done. 15 minutes later we picked up our pictures an headed into the Cafe for our 11 o'clock lunch seating. We were one of about ten families having lunch at that time. The service was phenomenal since our server only had 2 tables.

We payed extra for the birthday package even though it was just me and my daughter. They packaged up the rest of our cake so we could take it home. The birthday package includes a crown for your child, 2 doll sized crowns, the cake, and a great gift bag that also has a special shirt for the doll that you can't buy in the store.

Another tip is to pay the extra money at the hair salon for the doll "spa" package. They really just clean the doll with something similar to a baby wipe to remove stains, but it also includes a gift bag. The bag has a spa robe, spa shoes, a sticker that looks like a face mask, and stickers that look like cucumber slices. I didn't see this available anywhere for sale in the store either.

2  Thank Eyedocjv
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I took my daughter for a visit here since she loves AG dolls. Not only are there dolls and accessories on every floor, they have a hair salon, a hospital, and a small cafe. There are displays of past Girl of the Year as well. This store does get very crowded on weekends, hoildays, special events and vacation days. The store tends to be a bit warm when it is crowded despite the venting system. The staff are always helpful when you need assistance or have a question. There are cash registers on all floors and I recommend paying at the floor you are on if the store is very crowded.