We booked two one bdrs suites for our families. one was on the 7th, another on 9th floor.
Both were dark with dirty windows and no view. Therefore, except sunny days, it was quite dark inside. The dark furniture did not help.
I felt like our rooms are in a need of renovation, espacially kitchen furniture (I was afraid the kitchen door cabinet will fall down on my head), and wardrobes.
No free internet.
We stayed 6 nights paying per suite $400/ night.
I regret I did not choose Afinia Manhattan which had better price and renovated rooms!
However, I made my decision based on great tripadvisor reviews. It was not a good choice this time unfortunately.
Pro: location is very good indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our complimentary Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City