Affinia had some big shoes to fill, for me. Our last time in New York we stayed at the Residence Inn Times Square, so I was a little worried this time.
Wow, the location was great, our one bedroom unit was huge, and the service was very good. I chose a place, that had a kitchen so that I could cook breakfast, and the small kitchen served us well, as we were staying for 2 weeks this really was a home away from home for us, the lounge was huge with fantastic large furniture, and the bedroom had 2 double wardrobes with lights inside and draws that slid with just the touch of a finger. At first I felt the rooms looked a little too dark due to the very dark furnishings, and dark carpet, but it soon grew on me.
My only criticsm of the Dumont is that the unit doors do not have a slow close on them and therefore everyone's doors slam shut, and late at night or early in the morning, it was noticable and annoying, so I think that management should take a look at that.
Everything is just there, the subway a block away, the crosstown bus across the road, and of course walking is easy everywhere, I see some people talk about a cab to Times Square, we are a mature aged couple and we walked there and back every other day, no problem, there is always a new street to explore and something else new to look at.
After my initail concern about the locataion of the Dumont, I can honestly say, go for it, this is a great hotel, in a great location, with everything you could want or need just outside the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City