My 17 year old daughter and I just stayed at Affinia Dumont for 5 nights. Fabulous location bang in the middle of everything; huge rooms, and great to have a kitchen so you can have breakfast in-room and even and evening meal (the kitchen has a cooker, microwave and fridge). The Deli next door does all sorts of food and recommend Penelope's on Lex - turn left, for home style cooking and a great scene for an evening meal or lunch. The heating is old fashioned and super noisy, so you have to turn it off to get some sleep - even if like last week the weather was freezing! Macy's is also on 34th, don't forget to go to the visitors centre in the basement and show them your passport so you get a 10% discount visitors' card. All in all, a convenient place to stay. There is no bar or restaurant, so minimal engagement with the staff, but they are all very helpful and kind. And finally, BEWARE the pushy doorman who will try and convince you to order a private limo to the airport for $75 ++ when a yellow taxi flat fare is $55 plus tip and tolls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City