I've been staying here for the last twelve years - sometimes for long stays - and I've never regretted it. The staff is always great, the service awesome, the location perfect and central to the city and everything is always ridiculously clean. Some rooms might be small, but it's NY and the rooms are so well appointed that size is irrelevant. While they don't have a restaurant of their own, each room has a full kitchen which makes longer stays so much easier. There's a reasonably priced laundry in the basement and a dry-cleaner half a block away. As an illustration of how great this place is, I was there during the 2004 blackout and I knew I'd be safe (I know that law enforcement often stay at the hotel). They have backup generators which kept an elevator and emergency lighting running and the staff rounded up what they could for food, drink and other amenities to serve the guests (blackout = no restaurants, atms, buses, trains, etc). The next morning, the staff was extremely accommodating when I needed a small cash advance against my credit card to get home and arranged for a car to get me the airport for a pre-negotiated rate which saved me a ton of money (everyone was offering rides for greatly inflated prices). The staff looked out for me and the other hotel guests as if we were their children - honestly, none of us could have asked for better service! I highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City