I stayed here with my wife and son and was due to leave the day after Hurricane Sandy hit, but due to flight cancellations ended up staying until Friday 2nd Nov. The Hotel was still without power at this point and we had already arranged to move to another Hotel until our delayed flight home on 5th November. If we had known that power would be restored on the Friday night we would gladly have stayed as the room in Hotel we moved too, which was in the same price range, was nowhere near as spacious or as comfortable as at the Dumont. Also the staff at the Dumont where much friendlier, helpful and always had a smile on their faces, even during the testing times before and after the Hurricane hit. The manager and staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible and keeping us informed of what was happening, which was difficult without power, phone lines, internet. etc. We were particularly grateful for moving us to a lower floor just in case the generator gave up the ghost. We were originally on the 37th floor with fantastic views of the East River and Downtown Manhatten, but dont think we could have coped with having to walk up to 37th floor without a lift. On the Monday afternoon (29th oct) Mr Spector and his staff opened up a room on the 3rd floor with an X Box and Table tennis table for the kids and coffee/tea for the adults (which was replaced by wine and beers later on). This was very much appreciated and kept the young ones amused and gave the adults chance to relax a bit. All the time during our stay we could not fault any of the staff, from the chambermaids, maintenance staff, doormen, concierge,front desk staff to the management, they all worked extremely hard in what must have been testing times for them all, making sure we the guests were put first. All the staff are a credit to the manager and hotel. We would not hesitate staying at this hotel on any further trips to New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City