We stayed at the Dumont for five nights recently for the second time in two years (lucky us), and so glad we did. There are so many fine positive points to comment on, where do i start. Firstly and foremost the staff are second to none. Friendly, wow they treat you like family, and I don't believe it's put on. Nothing is ever too much to ask for and they really do seem to pride themselves in what they do.
The rooms are just great. We were fortunate enough to get a high floor room with magnificent panoramic views of that amazing metropolis below and into the heart of the skyscrapers. The rooms are quite spacious and having a kitchenette was just wonderful and more than handy for bringing snacks home. The beds were great and a lounge room that closes off from the bedroom was a bonus. Just downstairs you have the Murray Hill market for all those supplies or snacks you may require. Very handy and very reasonably priced.
The Dumont's location is sensational, just a couple of blocks from the Empire State and a couple more blocks up and you're at Macy's and just a short stroll from that Time Square. Plus the subway is right by in walking distance, that connects to everywhere.
A special thank you to all the wonderful staff but i must mention Donald and Juber on the front door who greet you back like old friends and give you a laugh,,, and of course to Steff at reception for being ever bubbly and friendly. But a big thank you to the wonderful Candace who is a thorough professional at her job and always make sure every little thing is 100% catered for, for us the guest.
If i was the manager i would give them all long contracts and not change a thing. It was a fantastic five days spent in New York we will all remember fondly for life.
Thanks so,so much you guy's,,, we'll be back !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Familiar. Spacious. Central. Just right for personal space that feels like home. Dumont NYC is the roomiest of the Affinia Hotel Collection-your home away from home with extra space for working or accommodating your family. All-suite, residentially styled and complete with kitchens, each room at the Dumont NYC feels more like an apartment. Skyline Suites offer the most stunning cityscapes of all, overlooking the Chrysler Building, the Freedom Tower or the East River.Business travelers admire our big desks and convenient location. Leisure travelers like our family-friendly suites with extra room for the little ones, and cruising around the neighborhood on our Republic Bikes. Join us nightly in our Midtown East hotel for a glass of red or white at our Wine Hour, located in the lobby from 5-6 p.M. Daily Wine Hour during Social Sips from 5-6PM · Wireless Internet access for all of your devices · 10% off at Celebrity Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National Bar & Dining Rooms · In-room gourmet coffee and tea offerings · Unlimited package handling and storage prior to and during your stay · Business services, including printing · Local and domestic long distance calls · 24/7 access to our state-of-the-art fitness centers · Access to Affinia bikes (where applicable) · Concierge services *Must be redeemed daily, credit may not be rolled over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Dumont NYC–an Affinia hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affinia Dumont Hotel New York City
- Affinia Dumont New York City