“Nice stay”

Ranked #289 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Padua, Italy
“Nice stay”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at the Sohotel just for one night and I chose it because it was next to the office where I had a job interview.
Rooms are really cute and nicely furnished, I loved my comfy bed and double pillow.
Water and candies to welcome guests.
Clean and safe, next to chinatown and cheaper than most hotels in NY

I would recommend it

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2014

After reading the glowing reviews I was really looking forward to staying at this hotel. Initially I tried to book the room on a third party site; however, my employer does not allow this type of billing. I called immediately to the hotel and was assured I would get the rate. As his request I called the following day and was assured that I could have the quoted rate. I called back at the request of my travel office, to confirm booking and rate as I am leaving on Friday. I was told by a young woman there was a problem with the booking and I could rebook to get the original rate. I was told to call back to confirm it with her. I called back she was off and the young man told me he would send her an email. I needed to call back today to get an answer. Guess what? No response. When I called back today, the young man was snarky and abrasive. I have yet to speak to a Manager. I am consistently informed there is no supervisory staff available at night. If this is how you're treated before the arrival, what happens during the stay?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here during a crazy winter storm. The location was good as it is close to the subway and of course Chinatown and Little Italy. It was a little difficult to find initially, but once we got our bearings we were fine. It does not look like a traditional hotel from the outside which may confuse people. We had a large room with 2 queens and a single, which was perfect for our group. We were celebrating my goddaughter's 16th birthday and it afforded us the opportunity to bring 4 of her friends without having to rent two rooms. The room was a bit plain and nothing fancy, but it sufficed for our needs. The bathroom on the other hand was awesome. Very modern, clean and spacious.

I wanted to surprise my goddaughter by decorating the room with balloons and cupcakes prior to check in and the hotel promised to call me when the room was ready. I spoke to two people who assured me that this was doable, but unfortunately I never got the call and was a bit disappointed that I couldn't make it happen.

We had another incident where housekeeping walked in the room (after knocking a few times with no response) and scared the girls. Apparently they have a turn down service, which is nice, but when housekeeping walked in their response to us was "we're just checking on you." It was a little creepy and unnerved the girls a bit. We mentioned it to the front desk staff, who were apologetic and after explaining to us why they were coming in we felt much better about the situation.

Overall I felt it was a great value, very clean and friendly staff. They have take out menus available which I thought was brilliant and allowed us to order pizza for our pj party. We had a great time and it served it's purpose. Would I recommend? Yes, but know there are other hotels with just as good a value, but in our effort to try something off the beaten path, we landed at the SoHotel. And it wasn't bad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Great location. Friendly helpful staff.

The room was very small so as the bathroom. and looks like it hadnt been upgraded for a while.
I couldnt sleep because of the street noise.

i guess is a good place for short stay if you are planning of some big nights out in town. Where location is of priorty and forget about sleeping.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at Sohotel for several days last year for a family vacation. The hotel is clean and cozy. Although the room is a little small and you can hear a little noise sometimes during the night, the location of the hotel is excellent.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay50_2014
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here over Christmas from the 23rd to the 29th of December and had a lovely time. There was four of us in my family sharing two queen sized beds. The rooms were on the small side, but the beds were large and so comfortable. The presence of a celing fan was also great as I often find hotel rooms stifling hot, this was comfortably warm. The Tv was great to watch in the evenings and the bathroom was lovely with gorgeous smelling lavender products provided.

There is complimentary hot chocolate, tea and coffee provided at reception and the decor of the hotel is gorgeous. It is very boutiqe style with lovely chandeliers and zebra print arm chairs.

The staff were always very helpful and our room was cleaned and fresh towels were provided everyday.

We had breakfast in a nearby deli twice and it was delicious and great value, so we didnt mind too much that they do not provide breakfast. We loved Little Italy and ate out in Pesano's on Christmas Day.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Moncalieri, Italy
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This Hotel is in the heart of Little Italy and very close to Lower Manhattan.
The rooms are clean but a little bit small. The room service is very good, and the people are friendly.
The mainly problem was the noise from the road that was too high. Unfortunately, they do not provide breakfast.

Room Tip: I do not recommend to book rooms on the first floor on Broome st.