“All you need...”

Ranked #395 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Buffalo, New York
“All you need...”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Needed a place in Manhattan and was able to score a double room for 2 nights for $150 per night. Rooms were small, basic and clean. Small bathroom, but efficient. No restaurant on site, but plenty of places to eat around the clock. Subway was close along with a 24 hour drug store nearby. No credit cards accepted, only cash. Eclectic neighborhood, but safe. We kept our window open and weren't bothered by street noise. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kdt585

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Polish first
White Plains, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

For 130$ per night a relatively good prices and clean Hotel. Rooms were small but intelligently equipped. Certainly the noise of the City is s.th. to get used to. Also the showers can be threatenning, as they turn hot & cold without prior announcement and are difficult to adjust. The rest is fine, St Marks Street itself a fascinating spot to go out for dinner and ideally located to discover the city walking (East Village, SOHO, Chelsea) or by subway... Enjoy!

2 Thank 742gregory
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We naive stayed at st marks about 8 times. The rooms are very small but who spends time in their room in NYC? Subway close by and buses run on 2nd Street. Try the Mark burger just down the block. Great bacon sliders!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Emily F
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I just stayed there for 4 nights because recommendation from my friend (he might not know this hotel but random search for cheap hotel)
Before booking with this hotel, I had read so many reviews from here and was a bit scared since there are many negative opinions, but I booked at last because the price is very cheap :p
When I arrived, I had found that it was better than expected, actually I didn't expect anything from very cheap hotel (compared with nearby hotels), oh and AC was not functional, I told maid and it worked when I came back to my room.

The room was not very nice but good enough to stay, I didn't spend much time in the room anyway.
The room was not too small for me, plenty space to just place my luggage. I had stayed in the room about 3/4 size of this room in Japan, so this is just fine.
Outside room was a bit noisy sometimes since the hotel is at the corner and there is a bar below but I fall asleep easily so I had no problem with that (and I'm not sure if there were noises in the middle of the night because I never woke up at that time)
The location is great, just 1 block away from subway green line and 2 blocks from yellow line.
One, and the only, problem for me is shower... it was so DIFFICULT to control water temperature! it's always too cold or hot, if you have a chance getting appropriated temperature, don't waste that precious time!

I think I will stay at this hotel again if I have a chance visiting NYC in the future for the price reason.

Room Tip: Ask front desk for the lower floor, there is no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 01NEB
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have stayed at St Marks twice and about to stay a third time this July. I love the place for its location and value for money. Subway is only a block away. Restaurants galore in East Village. The pub downstairs is great for a drink at end of day and Rays pizza shop is a great breakfast. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank MelissaB1973
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This hotel has a great location, clean rooms and is dirt cheap. Rooms are small and worn (but clean), street is noisy and comfort is not really a big priority. However, the price is the lowest of any NYC hotel we checked, and for the price it was good value.

Room Tip: Get a room facing away from the street. The view is worth little anyway, and the noise is less of a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LewisMogridge
New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here will working the TriBeCa Film Festival located near by. My friend and I got one room for the night for $140. Great price for the expensive NYC. It's located in a interesting area, filled with tons of different types of restaurants, a bookstore (St. Mark's Bookstop) that's open until midnight, and a movie theatre. We went to the bar below (St. Mark's Bar) and the food was great also.

The hotel room was small yes, but not that small for New York and not uncomfortably so. I thought it was cute. We had two twin beds and a TV (slightly messed up and with a random assortment of channels but who goes to NYC to watch TV anyway?).

I would stay here again but do note the hotel only accepts cash.

• Stayed April 2013