3 people are viewing this hotel
Official Website$595
Hotels.com$506
Priceline$506
2,233 results
All reviews rooftop bar chelsea market the meat packing district the high line new york whitney museum soho house hudson river highline cassis nyc hip staycation doorman mirror robes
Selected filters
Reviewed September 1, 2016

I have stayed at this property numerous times and never had a single complaint. My daughter and I stayed her 7/22-7/24. The room upon check in was a little warm. We went to get a water out of the mini-fridge and it was not working at all. We were going out that evening and I called before we left. I was told that someone would be up to work on the air and the mini-fridge, ok, no problem. We got back that evening and nothing had been done. I called the next morning as we were leaving and relayed that we had already called to notify them of the non-working fridge and warm room (it did not get below 78 degrees). We were told someone would be up to replace the fridge and fix the air. We got home later that night and there was a box fan in our room..... ummm not exactly the fix we were looking for, but it was better. The mini-fridge never worked at all. I absolutely love this hotel and everything about it. Would I stay again, yes, probably as it is in a great location, the staff are top notch and we enjoyed the hotel in general.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank dbirdsong
Gansevoort_HG, COMMUNITY MANAGER at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2016

Dear dbirdsong,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a satisfactory stay with us. We are happy to report that since you left we have fixed the air conditioning and mini fridge issue. It would be a pleasure to have you welcome you back as a guest. We would like to show you our commitment to a seamless stay again. Feel free to reach out to is directly at Digital@TheGHG.com with any additional comments, questions or suggestions you may have.

Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

After checking out of a horrendous hotel in Times Square we went down to the meat packing district and checked in for 3 days.... The girl on the desk was fantastic and upgraded us 2 levels when we told her what we had been through .. The rooms were lovely and modern which is rare in New York... Was a really cool area , loved the rooftop bar ! The bar at the ground level was great aswel! Probably the only hotel I will stay at in New York from now on!! :-) went in the winter but can imagine it's Amazing in the summer with the roof top pool!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Passenger639971
Gansevoort_HG, COMMUNITY MANAGER at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2016

Hello,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to the Meatpacking District. We are so happy to hear your stay was a seamless one. We are also elated to hear that you enjoyed the room you stayed in and its luxurious amenities. Our lobby bar has amazing cocktails and a great place for gathering with friends. Our rooftop pool is heated and open all year round. When you are ready to return, please let us know. Our reservations team would be more than happy to assist you with your booking!

Reviewed August 31, 2016

After staying in a few of the W Hotels in NY I can highly recommend this hotel and think I will only stay here in the future. The rooms are of a really high standard and great size bathrooms (esp for NY!) From the moment we arrived we were treated like VIPs and swiftly taken to our room (Grand Deluxe - Hudson View 10th Floor) - the view was incredible and is great for amazing sunsets. Talking of which - the view from the roof top bar and pool is out of this world! Who needs Soho House when you have 'this' view! The bar really comes alive at night! the music is awesome and great cocktails (not cheap!) fun crowd too.. Make sure you get your stamp if staying at the hotel otherwise the queue is down the street!
The roof top pool in the day is great - if only there were more loungers! I only managed to get a lounger 2 out of 6 days (and had to pay for one!) That said, the pool service and hot pool boys are great and really take care of you. Melvin and Maurice were great! Food and cocktails round the pool are great - although you have to eat inside.
Really lovely guy on the door called Jimmy who is great and Monica on concierge was incredible at arranging our dinners each night (highly recommend Buddakan and Catch and for breakfast The Diner and Bubbys)
The Meatpacking Area is so great - so much to see and do and worth heading in Chelsea and Greenwich Village..
Will definitely be staying at this hotel on my next visit - cant recommend it enough!

Room tip: Ask for a Hudson View room - amazing!
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Jimmyboy1978,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear you had a phenomenal stay with us in the Meatpacking District. It makes us happy that you enjoyed a seamless check-in and the luxurious room you stayed in. Our 360 degree views from our rooftop is one-of-a-kind. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed a swim in the rooftop pool. We will be sure to send your kind remarks to Melvin, Monica and Maurice. Bubby's Buddakan, Bubby's and Catch are all great dining options in the area. We appreciate you sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. When you are ready to return, please let us know. Our reservations team would be more than happy to assist you!

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

The employees were so nice it was a great hotel . I had a sweet and it was fairly comfortable. My stay in this hotel made my trip to NYC brilliant.
The food was delicious. Also the rooftop pool was amazing.Everyone had a great time. The hotel was amazing, great, comfortable, awesome and spectacular.

Date of stay: August 2016
Gansevoort_HG, COMMUNITY MANAGER at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2016

Dear Sophia A.,

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Meatpacking District certainly has a lot to offer. We're so happy you enjoyed the food, our rooftop pool and our luxurious amenities. When you are ready to return, please let us know. Our reservations team would be more than happy to assist you. Until next time!

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

The Gansevoort is a great hotel and it did not disappoint, although there were a couple issues. First the good stuff; amazing pool, rooftop views of the best city and nice spa/work out room. I also enjoyed my room. It was very pretty (hot pink headboard) and comfortable with a large bathroom. The downside; I went up for a swim on Sunday night not knowing there was a private pool party. Even though I was let into the pool area, the music blasting on the speakers was so vulgar and offensive that I couldn't stay. Also--I tried to order a specialty pizza from the proper menu in my room but the man Who answered the phone said that they did not have either one of the specialty pizzas on the menu. They only had a plain cheese pizza, which I did not want. The front desk did not seem to know about this. Finally, there were no ice machines that I had access to. I had to call the front desk for ice and they didn't show up, so I had to call back again and it seemed to take quite a long time. Then they showed up with a huge bucket of ice which was way too much. I guess the last thing is that the hotel can be very noisy and I wish I would've known that there were earplugs in the bathroom. I found them too late. There was a group of guys staying near my room and they were constantly going in and out so that was kind of annoying. As I said I love this hotel, but the clientele can be a little bit offputting. One more thing, there was a delicious Illy espresso machine with pods in the room which I mistakenly thought was free and so I drank all the coffee (decaf too). It was only upon check out that I found out each pod cost three dollars a pop. I think the hotel should put a very clear sign by the coffee maker to let people know there is a charge because I certainly didn't see it in the room manual. I would have rated this hotel above-average simply on the basis of their amazing pool and the views of Manhattan, but all the other little things added up to make my experience only average.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Gansevoort_HG, COMMUNITY MANAGER at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2016

Hello Gretchen E.,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your staycation was not to your liking. We will be sure to send your remarks regarding the pool to our operations team. Our team members are trained to provide a seamless stay for guests and we are disappointed to hear they could not accomodate you with your various requests.

We hope to show you our commitment to a seamless stay again. Please free to email Digital@TheGHG.com with any comments, questions or suggestions you may have.