“Comfortable & reasonably priced”

Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC
Ranked #214 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here from Boxing Day to New Years day, and found this hotel through booking.com it was coming in as the 2nd cheapest on that day. We found the location good & located fairly close to the tube with easy access to all tourist destinations. Also had some good shops in & around the hotel. I would definately stay here again if it was reasonably priced.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Gansevoort, Community Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Griffin3105,

Thank you for stumbling upon our hotel, and choosing to stay with us. It seems like you were really able to enjoy the convenience of our location, as well as the shopping that the Meatpacking District has to offer. Did you have a chance to walk the Highline? If not, this is definitely another excuse to come back to our enamoring neighborhood and take a stroll through its park located above ground. When you decide to visit us again, please feel free to contact our Community Manager at Digital@HotelGansevoort.com for help with reservations and accommodations. We look forward to your return.

995 - 1,001 of 1,836 reviews

Reviewed January 22, 2013

The Hotel Gansevoort was chosen as our hotel while recently in New York City strictly because of location. We were helping someone settle into nearby housing and wanted to be close by so we did not do our usual Tripadvisor search for the best place, we simply went with location. That said, we were satisfied with this hotel.

PROS: Reservations were quick and easy online through the hotel site. The room was very spacious and comfortable, especially the beds. The evening turn down service was appreciated as they filled the ice bucket nightly. Staff was very responsive to requests and got our pre-arrival requests correct. The bathroom was spacious with plentiful hot water and great water pressure in the shower. Loved the location!

CONS: We had to call for extra blankets as we had no control over the room temperature and it got a little cool during the night (blankets solved the issue). The hotel is modern and "trendy," for lack of a better word and their "artwork" in the room was not to my taste. It is in a busy area so you do hear street noise at night. The lobby is dark and feels a little cold and unwelcoming.

OVERALL: The location is awesome - near the subway, shops and restaurants all around, the High Line park and Chelsea Market are right there - it's a great location! For our needs - a place to get a good night's sleep after a day of moving or wandering around the city, the Hotel Gansevoort provided a comfortable and convenient stay in a spacious room with really comfy beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear MidwestMumbi,

It is wonderful that you not only enjoyed your stay, but also lavished in the beds provided. We do apologize for the chilly room during your trip, in addition to the artwork in our rooms. Our artwork is somewhat of a play on the exciting nightlife aspect that the Meatpacking District has to offer. We hope it did not scare you from staying with us again in the future. If you aren’t set on staying in the Meatpacking District, then perhaps our Park Avenue location would be a nice change of pace. The hotel has all of the same amazing amenities as our Meatpacking hotel, but the room decor and artwork are slightly more “mature.” We look forward to having you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact our Community Manager at Digital@HotelGansevoort.com for any future reservations. Thank you for staying with us during your trip to New York City.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Just returned from an excellent four-day stay at the Hotel Gansevoort.
The location of the hotel is superb with great shopping and restaurants nearby, particularly the Spice Market and Del Posto. On weekends the area is action packed. One of the largest lineups for entry on the weekends seemed to be at the Hotel Gansevoort. It was particularly nice that the night doorman Jimmy, early on in our stay, recognized our party as hotel guests and greeted us warmly every evening on our return from dinner, as we easily bypassed the line up waiting to get in. Jimmy was warm, personable and quick to help in other ways. He is part of what is overall a friendly and attentive staff.
I was also delighted to find, upon my arrival at 8 am, that the 11th floor river view room I requested was ready. Even better, the staff member who helped me to my room suggested that I also take a look at the room that adjoined the suite of my travelling companions. This turned out to be an excellent recommendation. This is a great room configuration for a family or group of friends travelling together. We were on the 11th floor with one corner suite, plus a private common entry way and an adjoining deluxe one bedroom with river view.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dee M,

It is always nice to find your room is ready for check-in, especially when you are traveling so early in the morning. We try to accommodate our guests as best as possible, and often try to grant early check-ins when we have room to do so. We are elated you enjoyed your trip while staying with us, and hope you will return sooner than later. If you need a reservation do not hesitate to contact our Community Manager at Digital@HotelGansevoort.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here during September 2012. We had booked a Deluxe room and we had a really good view opver NYC.
The service is good and the staff very helpfull. We really loved the location with walking distance to Pastis, High Line, Standard Grill Chealsea Market etc.

The room was clean and the beds good.
The usually ate breakfast at the hotell and the buffé was good with a lot of fresh fruit.

We will definitly come back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HenrikAhlin,

Thank you for staying with us, and enjoying all of the spectacular aspects of the Meatpacking District. There are so many exciting restaurants to discover in that particular neighborhood, that it is hard to do it all in one trip - then again, it’s just another excuse for you to stay with us in the future. If you need help with any reservations please feel free to contact our Community Manager at Digital@HotelGansevoort.com. We would be more than happy to help you with your plans.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Gansevoort for 4 nights from 14/1/13 in room 1102 - this was our first time exploring the meatpacking district and we weren't quite sure what to expect - we were delighted! The hotel was cool, contemporary and had a sexy edge! The staff were welcoming, genuine and informative. The rooftop pool and bar has amazing views and a great place to see and be seen. The area has several great restaurants and shops and our stay was too short to visit them all - so we'll be back!

Room Tip: we were given a room on the 11th floor on the "quiet side"! this was great - can imagine a...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Gansevoort, Social Media Manager at Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear HorshamHome,

We can’t wait to have you back in our hotel, and exploring our charming neighborhood once again. We are elated that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself at our hotel, and with our staff. If you would like us to make you any reservations in the future at some of the restaurants you missed out on please do not hesitate to contact our Community Manager at Digital@Hotelgansevoort.com. We would also be more than happy to book your next trip to New York for you. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Now the holidays are over, I needed to recap on my vacation in New York and New Jersey. I stayed at Hotel Gansevoort for most of my 2 week trip and It was NOT disappointing at all. Now for the review... where do I start?!!? First of all, it's in the "meat packing district"(if you don't know where and what that is google.. too much to explain but it's gooood) rooms are MODERN and CLEAN.. what more do you want.. plus you should be out most of the time! (I was) I met the greatest people in NYC. I have a few friends that live in Brooklyn and they showed me a great time. Everything is so close together it doesn't matter where you are. Next... ROOFTOP BAR! it's a great view but since it was cold they closed many of the outside seating but they still had a smoking section open (very pleased). When I first arrived to the hotel I expected a taller/bigger building and was kind of dissapointed but after going to the rooftop.. it didn't even matter. Now for the final crit.. the staff.... veeerrry nice. If they are just trained to be nice or pretending .. it doesn't matter. They were consistant with everything and helped me when I had a question .. even for breakfast I would go straight to the manager, Mr. Benjamin Chan, who knew his thing about not only the are but about New York City. I don't if I ever been to a hotel where I can talk to a manager without requesting him and just walk up and get information 1,2,3. I stayed at the Venetian before in Las Vegas and the concierge would always have to look up, call, or ask someone else for information. Cabs are always around with a big street right in front of the hotel.
Do I recommend this hotel .. yes.. will I stay here again .. (I would like to try different hotels .. but I would be nervous that I would regret that I should've just stayed at the gansevoort.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Rob C,

It seems like you really enjoyed yourself during your visit to New York City, and we are so happy you chose us to be a part of that experience. While reading your review we noticed you did not mention using our pool. Clearly it is cold outside, but we keep our pool heated year round so our guests can enjoy every aspect of the Gansevoort anytime of the year. Please allow us to be your home away from home again, and this time bring your bathing suit! If you would like to make a reservation for a future getaway please contact our Community Manager at Digital@Hotelgansevoort.com. We will be patiently waiting for your return - even if you do decide to check out some other hotels in the city, although that is against our recommendation.

Regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at many hotels in NY but the GANSEVOORT was the best , i traveled from Denmark and it was a long flight and was so happy when i got to the hotel at around 8am to hare my room was available , upon arriving the doorman got my bag from the taxi and welcome me with a smile the the front desk person was really nice , i was then assisted by Omar who was very nice and told me about the rooftop bar and pool , spa gym and hair salon, into the room he point the safe showed me the menu for room service and said there are available 24 hour incase i need to place an order he also showed me the (do not disturb sign GET OUT) after i had told him that i had a long flight and needed sleep , he suggested that i put it on my door so i wont be disturb by housekeeping , i really enjoyed my stay and looking forward to stay again and this hotel and would definitely recommended it ,, Thank you Omar

Room Tip: above 7 floor facing the river its just beautiful
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Damm A A

Dear Damm A A,

Thank you for taking the time to specifically commend one of our extraordinary staff members. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself, and that you were able to rest easily after your long trip from overseas. We are looking forward to hosting you again - hopefully in the near future. Please feel free to contact our Community Manager for any future reservations at Digital@HotelGansevoort.com. We would be happy to assist you.