“Pleasantly Satisfied”

Wyndham Midtown 45
Ranked #290 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The service was exceptional, the room was clean, loved the decor, great comfort for a good night sleep. I was very pleased with location, walking distance to Empire State Building, Union Station to name a few. I can't say that there was anything I didn't like.. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank Billie N
Michael M, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you, Billie for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's midtown Manhattan. The prices are very fair, even better sometimes. Twice here our rooms have been clean, large and furnished with clever, sophisticated built-ins. There are nice old-timey service flourishes that remind one that this is NYC, not Podunk. (No ice machines, room service brings it to your door in seconds after you call. Best kick in town for a dollar.) So, on top of all this, you get smiling and helpful, attitude-free people at the front desk. This hotel, near Grand Central Terminal, is partnered with the New Yorker on Eighth Avenue near Penn Station. So, between the two, I'm fixed for Manhattan hotels for the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you, Mark for the kind words. I will be sharing this with our staff. I am glad that you enjoyed your room & got the full New York experience!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I arrived into what looked like a shabby mini-cab office rather than a hotel reception and was proudly told I had been upgraded to a beautiful suite. When I got to the rooms I found it was a shabby apartment with such a dirty bathroom I had to ask for my room to be changed immediately!

The next apartment was fine in size but of so shabby and looked as though it had not had a good clean in weeks. The bedside lamp didn't work either. Food in the restaurant was dreadful- cheap salad with stale bread fro $13!

This can't lay claim to calling itself a hotel- really appalling is all I can say!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mrs-Stringer

I am disappointed to hear our services and amenities did not meet your expectations. I know that when you are staying with us one of the perks is to be able to enjoy your room. We value your feedback, as it gives us guidance on what to provide our guests during their stay. Thank you.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 9 nights from 4th June 2014. Neat hotel. did a bit of walking but didn't worry us as we saved a few hundred staying just out of times square. Staff were pleasant. Room had what you needed. There was a star bucks just down the road and the location was ok really. Room was a bit noisy as street noise did travel a bit but we slept fine. Free wi-fi with room but didn't work well. You had to go down to the lobby to get reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Terrence J, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you Angela for taking your time in reviewing your stay with us this past June. We are happy to hear that our location was convenient for you & your husband. We are sorry to hear that your internet needs were not met. As you know we have many properties which house a large amount of guests and their wireless devices. We are working to improve this feature. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We value your feedback as this helps us to improve in many ways.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel as a timeshare exchange, we are Wyndham owners. This was our first time to NYC and I thought the location was excellent for being able to see all the big things you want to see in NYC when visiting for the first time. Grand Central Terminal only a few blocks away.
Check-in was smooth. We got there a little early and the room was already ready. We had a studio one bedroom and it looked clean and modern. We were on the 18th floor, so we experienced no noise from the street below. We had a great view of the Chrysler building and the City which was really nice.
I was surprised that the room had a couch, and a lot of kitchen amenities (toaster, coffee maker, small refrigerator, dishwasher, glasses/silverware, etc.) I was not expecting that from a studio.
We did not receive daily maid service, probably due to going through the timeshare. They also did not replace the towels daily, but we found some in a storage room and just replaced them ourselves.
We also had problems figuring out how to get the shower to work. You just have to pull the knob really, really hard. We called the front desk and someone was sent up immediately and got it working. We had no trouble after that. It has been mentioned several times in the reviews here though--maybe management should think about putting a sign up or alerting guests to this issue? The shower was very nice though, once we got figured out how to use it. A nice rain shower.
We did not have to face the dreaded timeshare talk because the person that does the welcome for Wyndham owners was not at the desk when we checked in. We did receive a follow up call, but said we were busy and we were never called again.
We tried out the Perfect Pint bar right next door and had a good experience having drinks and appetizers over there.
We also did have an issue with the ice maker sometimes working and sometimes not working. And, the day we checked out, we awoke to having water all over the carpet. I have no idea where it came from--it must have been from the air conditioning unit. Not a big deal, since we were checking out. I alerted the front desk though, and they seemed to be concerned and took action to look into it right away.
Overall, I'm just really happy that Wyndham is expanding their timeshare locations to include cities like NYC. I was satisfied with our stay and would stay at this hotel/timeshare again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vegabay

Thank you, for the kind words. We will share these with our staff. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you had a seamless early check-in. Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We have a studio and it a nice size with a great kitchen. I love the modern look. The tub is great for a hot bath with lots of leg room to stretch out! We will be back in March. It is in a great location. (Down the street is the Amish Market. We bought some groceries and one night had their great pizza and came back another night and picked up items from the hot table and brought them back to the room. The cheesecake was awesome and very light.)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Thank Kathy Darlene P... B

Thank you, Kathy for the kind words. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay & were able to relax in one of our spacious tubs! Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Well priced and is located close to many attractions . If walking is your thing , this is a great place . Only blocks away (east) from Grand Central Station , go a little further and you arrive at Times Square . MoMA is close and a little further is Central Park .
This is a "quirkie" hotel , from using the elevator and their shower . to finding the appropriate light switch . The room is comfortable , without any extravagance . Restaurant on the premises , with coffee shops near by . For a treat , north on 3rd Ave near 50th try Ess-a-Bagel , for authentic NYC bagels ... and more !

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, John for taking your time to give these great tips on our location here at Wyndham Midtown 45. I am happy to hear that it was a convenient location for all your needs during your stay. Thank you again for reaching out and we look forward to welcoming you again!