“Great location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
torrance
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Wyndham is coverting this former Ablert suite hotel to a time share and we previewed it as part of a special package. We had a one bedroom with kitchenette that was very nice. Complete services including a small resturant located close to most of the best spots in Manhattan.

My one desire was to see the 9 11 Memorial which is a short hope on the train from Grand Central Station about a 4 block walk. We toured the memorial which is really nice to see how things are being transformed and remembered from that tragic day. There is a lot of tributes to the heros as well as the rebuilding.

We found a lot of great resturants within a few blocks including starbucks for morning coffee. An evening walk at dusk around times square with all the lights and glitter was lots of fun.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for providing this feedback including some great area activity suggestion for future guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
Seville, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights after a long trip. The service was good, the huge bedroom was completely renewed and clean and the location more than convenient (3 blocks away from Grand Central Station).
No free wifi available and, in my opinion, very expensive if you want to pay for it.
Affordable place in midtown

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Terrence J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you for allowing us the pleasure of welcoming you to The Wyndham Hotel. We hope you will return again soon.
Orwell, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

We spent one night here and slept very well. Everything was clean and comfortable. We walked from Grand Central Station to the hotel to Times Square, St Patrick's Cathedral and Radio City Music Hall. It all is within walking distance. Would stay here again if I got a good price.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Terrence J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
What a pleasure it was to read your review in which you spoke of all the amenities you enjoyed at The Wyndham during your recent stay. We continuously aspire to provide our guests with a high quality of services and comfortable luxury accommodations. We are happy that you're experience with us was so positive that you are inspired to stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

I thought this hotel was deceiving. The pictures make it look sleek, modern, fresh... instead the place is rather cheap, a bit dirty, broken things in the room...not at all what I expected it to be. I made two reservations for different dates. After my first stay I wanted to cancel the upcoming reservation but since it was a special rate they would not let me, even though I explained that I was unhappy with the room and felt that it was overpriced for the quality. Needless to say I will not book a room again in this hotel.

1 Thank lhvca
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that our property did not meet your expectations. We know that when staying with us you expect a satisfactory experience. We will do our best to utilize your feedback to improve any future guest stays. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked this hotel last minute through Priceline (my first time using this website) and we were delightfully surprised! Your first impression of the hotel may not be overwhelming as the lobby is very small and unimpressive but the service and rooms more than makes up for this. The front desk associate, Ali, was very professional and effecient and even made arrangements for us to dine at a nearby restaurant - The Seafire Grill (which was amazing - thank-you Ali for the recommendation!!!!)

You will be wowed once you enter your room. The style is very European - clean simplistic furniture lines, comfy bed, plush towels and great views (our room overlooked the Chrysler Building). The hotel location is excellent - near many restaurants, the subway and many other points of interest. My only complaint is that we were not able to stay longer - next time in NYC, we will definitely stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: If possible, I would ask for a room on a higher floor - we were on the 32nd floor and the views were...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We love hearing feedback from our guests about their experiences at our hotel. Your thoughtful comments and praise about our hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. We would love to welcome you back during your next visit and we hope it's soon.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am so appalled. I am a stay at home mom who was in my room while my other half was out on business. I called hotel management because someone was smoking marijuana in the hallway and asked them to spray. The manager came up to the floor, opened my door and began screaming at me to leave. He mistook me for the person committing the crime. I was so scared, I thought my room was broken into and I was under attack. I was not completely robed, and asked them to get presentable, they would not leave my room. I will be checking out and never staying again.

Room Tip: Do not stay the management are scarily rude.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cnr5544332211
This non-guest was caught smoking in the room by security. She started to yelling and cursing out of control. After 10 minutes of verbal abuse the hotel management called the police. The police informed the non-registered guest to leave the hotel. After 15 minutes, she became calm and apologized for her behavior. At this point the management staff decided to let her stay if she doesn't smoke in the room. She agreed not to smoke in the room. The other guest was also warned that there's no smoking in the rooms.
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel popped up on Jetblue as a recommendation when I booked a short business trip to NYC. I wasn't familiar but the location was nice, a couple of blocks from Grand Central, the room photos seems nice and the price was right. Well, the location was the best part.
Amenities were minimal, the room was modern, but somewhat grungy and poorly maintained (fixtures askew -- some did not work, TV in bathroom (cool!) but did not work (boo!)). Frankly, other than the room there weren't any amenities. Lobby was minimal. Bar was sketchy.
Normally I wouldn't drive in NYC but this trip necessitated a car -- I expected a hefty fee for parking the 8 hrs overnight and wasn't disappointed by the parking fee of 50 bucks. The good news -- at least it was ready quickly when I left in the morning.
As for location, there are better deals in better hotels within a four block radius.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that our resort did not meet your expectations. We know that when staying with us there is a certain level of satisfaction that should be met. Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve in many areas. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.