“Scary Experience” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Scary Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I am so appalled. I am a stay at home mom who was in my room while my other half was out on business. I called hotel management because someone was smoking marijuana in the hallway and asked them to spray. The manager came up to the floor, opened my door and began screaming at me to leave. He mistook me for the person committing the crime. I was so scared, I thought my room was broken into and I was under attack. I was not completely robed, and asked them to get presentable, they would not leave my room. I will be checking out and never staying again.

Room Tip: Do not stay the management are scarily rude.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cnr5544332211
Terrence J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
This non-guest was caught smoking in the room by security. She started to yelling and cursing out of control. After 10 minutes of verbal abuse the hotel management called the police. The police informed the non-registered guest to leave the hotel. After 15 minutes, she became calm and apologized for her behavior. At this point the management staff decided to let her stay if she doesn't smoke in the room. She agreed not to smoke in the room. The other guest was also warned that there's no smoking in the rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Polish first
Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel popped up on Jetblue as a recommendation when I booked a short business trip to NYC. I wasn't familiar but the location was nice, a couple of blocks from Grand Central, the room photos seems nice and the price was right. Well, the location was the best part.
Amenities were minimal, the room was modern, but somewhat grungy and poorly maintained (fixtures askew -- some did not work, TV in bathroom (cool!) but did not work (boo!)). Frankly, other than the room there weren't any amenities. Lobby was minimal. Bar was sketchy.
Normally I wouldn't drive in NYC but this trip necessitated a car -- I expected a hefty fee for parking the 8 hrs overnight and wasn't disappointed by the parking fee of 50 bucks. The good news -- at least it was ready quickly when I left in the morning.
As for location, there are better deals in better hotels within a four block radius.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ClubWyndham, Social Media Team at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to hear that our resort did not meet your expectations. We know that when staying with us there is a certain level of satisfaction that should be met. Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve in many areas. Again, thank you for taking the time to reach out.

Travelers are raving about these New York City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were pleased with both the location and cleanliness of this hotel. After doing alot of hotel research online, we chose this one due to reduced price on Jetsetter.com and location. It is within walking distance from Times Square (maybe 6 city blocks). The rooms are not exactly spacious, but from what I've read online about other hotels this one is a decent size. I figured we would not be spending too much time in the room anyway. The front desk staff was friendly and the bartender, Tina, was great! The doorman was always there to hail us a taxi if needed. I would recommend this hotel for a first-timmer in NYC.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Terrence J, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Midtown 45, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Visiting Manhattan for the first time can be such an exciting experience! Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay at The Wyndham Hotel as well as mentioning our location convenient to Times Square, Central Park and Grand Central Terminal. It's great to know that our associates were able to accommodate your needs. We look forwarded to seeing you again for your next trip.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel was dingy, dated and in disrepair. I took a bath and there was black sludge in the sliding door track. The wall units were broken and a door was missing on the armoire. Excellent linens. No toaster in the "fully equipped" kitchen and no salt and pepper. Fluffy soft pillows and we had a stunning view of the Chrysler building. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Location is perfect !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying at The Wyndham Hotel. It's regrettable that you experienced any inconvenience and we will ensure that our staff is made aware of the situation. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here with my four year old daughter, mother-in-law and sister-in-law for a "girls weekend". My guests had never stayed in New York before and this turned out to be be a good fit. The manager Terrence was very accommodating and made sure we had two beds in the room, which was helpful. The shower water pressure wasn't very good but other than that, the beds were clean and comfortable, there was room for everyone to get ready to go out to a show, and have a pizza dinner in the room without being too cramped. The room temperature was easy to control and the staff was helpful and got us a cab during the theater rush on a Saturday in plenty of time. This hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the heart of Times Square and 30 minutes from Central Park, which was perfect for us during the lovely fall weekend. We were away from the noise and crowds of tourists and close to several good spots to pick up cheap and easy meals. I'd like to give a special thank you to the bell man Sylvester. We got separated from our baggage when we left to return to LaGuardia due to a misunderstanding. Only half our things got loaded into our taxi and we only realized it once we had arrived at the airport. I called the hotel, spoke to the bell man Sylvester who took full responsibility for the mix up and arranged to have our bags delivered to our airlines arrival door by private car at his expense within 20 minutes. I was so impressed with the professional response and quick solution to a problem that could have left a black mark on our trip. Rather than a disappointing finale, we were left with gratitude and warm memories of a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are always pleased to hear that The Wyndham and our staff have lived up to the high quality of service we continuously aspire to provide our guests. Thank you for sharing your experience and for the excellent review. We hope you will stay with us again soon.