“Fab Location/Great Value”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #328 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 3, 2006

Booked Four Points off Priceline -- we were surprised at the great location; close to 3 different train lines & NJ Path train; quick walk to Union Sq, Penn Station & Time Sq. My husband & I walked from a comedy club on W3rd Street after 1am - safe & comfortable walk. They have a really good happy hour and great restaurant. Best of all, Wholefoods is on the corner!! Yes, the room is small & quiet but who goes to NYC to stay in a room? The room was comfortable and perfect for sleep.

Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank narday

Reviewed December 25, 2005

The beds are sooo comfy!! The rooms are New York small but nicely decorated in chocolate tones. You have to walk a little more then staying in Times Square but we expected that. My friend and I go to New York 2 or 3 times a year and I would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank Patricia B
SCOTLAND
Reviewed December 3, 2005

I booked this hotel after reading the fantastic reviews on this site, but I felt dissapointed.

First of all the rooms-
Our room was on the 2nd floor and let me tell you there was NO view, We actually had to shut the blinds.

The room was lovely decorated and beds very comfy but Im a bit alarmed at just reading a previous review about bed bugs cos I was scratching my arm the whole time blaming it on the soap.. maybe just a coincidence.

Location- I would have rather have been closer to Times Sq, I don't mind walking at all and it was only roughly 15 mins walk from times sq but at night in the freezing cold it felt a lot longer and the fact there are so many roads to cross (around 20)and I felt a bit unsafe once you got into the Chelsea district.

Im not one to complain about hotels but I would have enjoyed my holiday a lot more if it had been more central.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed November 27, 2005

Stood at the four points not too long ago. I absolutly loved the front desk staff. They have to be the best staff I have ever met. The location is great, next to everything. The room is small and dark and a little too much money (you can stay at the W new york for less) but that is somewhat compensated for the service. However there is one serious problem that will cause me to unfortunatly never stay there again.

During my stay I noticed 2 sets of matresses outside of the hotel, wrapped in sheets. Out of my own curiosity I decided to take a peek and see why these mattress were being tossed. To my surprise they were infested with bed bug droppings it was ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING! I immediatly went back to my room to inspect my bed, thankfully there were no bugs in my bed. The discovery of this led me to not have a very good nights sleep.

So word to the wise CHECK YOUR BED! Don't let the bed bugs bite!

• Stayed: November 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 16, 2005

Having read other reviews on trip advisor I decided to book a couple of nights at the Four Points. Unfortunately on arrival I was told that the hotel was still fully booked and that I would have to be transferred to another hotel. Normally this would not be good news but I was transferred to the Roosevelt at no extra cost (cab fares paid both ways) and also given a full refund for the night I missed at the four points.

On arrival the next day I was especially looked after by Melissa on reception who put me in a great room on the 18th floor (room 1805). The high speed internet connection was free (first time ever for me in a NY hotel) and you even got a complementary bottle of water!

Although the location is not the best in NY it's very central location and a quick cab ride to time square or a short walk to Broadway, Greenwich Village etc.

I'll definitely book it again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank David C
Essington, PA
Reviewed October 19, 2005

This hotel is awesome. Everything in there looks brand new. And it is in a great location. I've read some reviews about small rooms but you really can't complain when it is in New York City. All the hotels in New York City are going to be a bit smaller than your hotels in different states. I've stayed at many different places but none of them can beat the quality of this hotel and none of them can offer it for the same prices.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2005

Just returned from 4 nights in New York. I am a travel agent and a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I found that the 4 Points was a great property and the price was good as well in comparison to some of the hotels closer to Time Square. The location of the hotel was good as we walked to SOHO and Chelsea as well as to Time Square and the Theatre district and the Empire State Building. THe walk to Time square was about 15 minutes and we walked at all hours of the day and night and there were always people around so I never felt unsafe. We walked to teh Empire State Building as well and we went via the wholesale district and checked out some of the great shopping.
Our room was 1006 and was in the front corner of the building with 2 beds in it (this was all that was available when we booked). I did not find the hotel noisy at all and we were very close to the elevator. The rooms are small but clean and very comfortable beds.
The staff was very quick and always had a good morning or good evening for us. They were frioendly and helpful with all that we needed and there always were lots of people working.
The asian style restuarant and bar was a nice touch as well. We had drinks at the bar and visited with Benny the bartender who gave us some shopping and sightseeing tips.
I recommend that you try out a New York Deli called "TOASTIES" on 7th ave between 23 and 24th streets. They make amazing sandwiches and huge salads, everything was fresh and tasted great. If you are looking for a close restaurant for a nice dinner try "Orchid" &/or "Rogue" located on 6th Ave between 25th & 26th street. They seemd to be operated by the same people and the menus are both similar but the service was good and the atmosphere was great at both of them (Orchid was a bit more trendy and personal while Rogue more sporty).
The hotel is within walking distance to most tourist areas with the exception of Ground Zero, Financial District, Fish Market, and Statue of Liberty/Statton Island Ferry. Taxis only cost about $7-10 to all of these areas from the hotel. If you want to do the tourist thing be sure to get a 48 hour hop on hop off double decker bus pass from Grayline. It was a great deal and you can get throughout the whole city on the pass and see all the tourist stops.
All in all I really enjoyed the stay at the 4 Points - it was a good price and good location and if you are a Starwood Preffered member you will get points for your stay as well.

• Stayed: October 2005