Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #332 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Beverly Hills, CA
Reviewed November 27, 2005

Stood at the four points not too long ago. I absolutly loved the front desk staff. They have to be the best staff I have ever met. The location is great, next to everything. The room is small and dark and a little too much money (you can stay at the W new york for less) but that is somewhat compensated for the service. However there is one serious problem that will cause me to unfortunatly never stay there again.

During my stay I noticed 2 sets of matresses outside of the hotel, wrapped in sheets. Out of my own curiosity I decided to take a peek and see why these mattress were being tossed. To my surprise they were infested with bed bug droppings it was ABSOLUTLY DISGUSTING! I immediatly went back to my room to inspect my bed, thankfully there were no bugs in my bed. The discovery of this led me to not have a very good nights sleep.

So word to the wise CHECK YOUR BED! Don't let the bed bugs bite!

• Stayed: November 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed November 16, 2005

Having read other reviews on trip advisor I decided to book a couple of nights at the Four Points. Unfortunately on arrival I was told that the hotel was still fully booked and that I would have to be transferred to another hotel. Normally this would not be good news but I was transferred to the Roosevelt at no extra cost (cab fares paid both ways) and also given a full refund for the night I missed at the four points.

On arrival the next day I was especially looked after by Melissa on reception who put me in a great room on the 18th floor (room 1805). The high speed internet connection was free (first time ever for me in a NY hotel) and you even got a complementary bottle of water!

Although the location is not the best in NY it's very central location and a quick cab ride to time square or a short walk to Broadway, Greenwich Village etc.

I'll definitely book it again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank David C
Essington, PA
Reviewed October 19, 2005

This hotel is awesome. Everything in there looks brand new. And it is in a great location. I've read some reviews about small rooms but you really can't complain when it is in New York City. All the hotels in New York City are going to be a bit smaller than your hotels in different states. I've stayed at many different places but none of them can beat the quality of this hotel and none of them can offer it for the same prices.

• Stayed: October 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2005

Just returned from 4 nights in New York. I am a travel agent and a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I found that the 4 Points was a great property and the price was good as well in comparison to some of the hotels closer to Time Square. The location of the hotel was good as we walked to SOHO and Chelsea as well as to Time Square and the Theatre district and the Empire State Building. THe walk to Time square was about 15 minutes and we walked at all hours of the day and night and there were always people around so I never felt unsafe. We walked to teh Empire State Building as well and we went via the wholesale district and checked out some of the great shopping.
Our room was 1006 and was in the front corner of the building with 2 beds in it (this was all that was available when we booked). I did not find the hotel noisy at all and we were very close to the elevator. The rooms are small but clean and very comfortable beds.
The staff was very quick and always had a good morning or good evening for us. They were frioendly and helpful with all that we needed and there always were lots of people working.
The asian style restuarant and bar was a nice touch as well. We had drinks at the bar and visited with Benny the bartender who gave us some shopping and sightseeing tips.
I recommend that you try out a New York Deli called "TOASTIES" on 7th ave between 23 and 24th streets. They make amazing sandwiches and huge salads, everything was fresh and tasted great. If you are looking for a close restaurant for a nice dinner try "Orchid" &/or "Rogue" located on 6th Ave between 25th & 26th street. They seemd to be operated by the same people and the menus are both similar but the service was good and the atmosphere was great at both of them (Orchid was a bit more trendy and personal while Rogue more sporty).
The hotel is within walking distance to most tourist areas with the exception of Ground Zero, Financial District, Fish Market, and Statue of Liberty/Statton Island Ferry. Taxis only cost about $7-10 to all of these areas from the hotel. If you want to do the tourist thing be sure to get a 48 hour hop on hop off double decker bus pass from Grayline. It was a great deal and you can get throughout the whole city on the pass and see all the tourist stops.
All in all I really enjoyed the stay at the 4 Points - it was a good price and good location and if you are a Starwood Preffered member you will get points for your stay as well.

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank bcheley
Reviewed September 28, 2005

I stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea with a friend for a week during Easter 2005. We really enjoyed our stay! The staff was really helpful in a professional but casual way; friendly. They gladly gave us recommendations on restaurants and shops etc and always greeted us with a smile. We loved our room which was quite small but very modern and clean & cool with a brown colour range (very cosy) and situated on a high floor with a great view. The beds were really wonderful! Also I had brought my laptop and the internet access worked smoothly!

The hotel was being partly refurbished during our stay, so the restaurant was not that great at the time, but I suppose it is much better now. We hung out in the hotel bar next to the lobby for a while and it was small but nice. Also with a modern urban feel to it. The shared areas (lobby, bar etc) were a bit small, but on the other hand all of hip NY was within walking distance! We really loved the location in Chelsea, which was close to all the cool places we wanted to go to. The street was a bit dark and "not happening", but that also made it calm, which was good. We felt completely safe and right in the middle of things. We walked each morning to have breakfast at a diner which I found redommended on this site (Malibu, I think it was called). Just a couple of blocks away, perfect! No fuss and not too expensive.

I would gladly stay at this hotel again - it's totally worth the price! And I would definitely recommend the place to anyone, especially if you are a couple of friends travelling without children.

• Stayed: March 2005
6  Thank kanin1
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2005

This new hotel was conveniently located with Midtown, Chelsea, Meatpacking and SoHo districts nearby. Rooms were clean, quiet and of good size. And the airconditioning was great on those hot humid nights!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2005

We stayed at Four Points Chelsea for ten days in April, and it was a wonderful ten days! It is a Category 4 hotel through Starwood, but I actually preferred it more to the other Cat. 4 hotels I've stayed in! The hotel staff was extremely helpful, polite, and warm. They also upgraded us because of our long stay (we are Starwood members). The exterior of the hotel, like others have said, is very unassuming -- so much so that when I arrived (by subway), I couldn't quite figure out where it was. I was searching for a big sign denoting the hotel, but couldn't find one. The exterior is pretty subtle, in that you have to pass by the hotel to see the sign. Anyway, the lobby, though very small, is very pleasant and modern looking. We stayed on the 20th floor, and the views from our hotel room were incredible! I loved waking up in the morning and opening the curtains to look at the view! The hotel room is incredibly chic and fashionable for a Four Points. Honestly, it reminded us of the W hotels. The king-sized bed was so comfortable and gave us many good nights of sleep. The leather chairs were such nice touches, as well. The bathroom was very pleasant and modern, although it had a small sink area.

The service like I mentioned earlier, was impeccable. Everybody from the front desk to the room service people were very hospitable, catering to your every need -- very hard to find at times, especially in New York! They always had a pleasant smile on their faces, too.

All in all, our stay in Four Points was a very pleasant surprise! The decor was what I would expect from a W, the service was unbeatable, and the location was superb as well -- very close to the 1,9 subway lines as well as a short walk from the F subway station! Also, we made a few trips to the Whole Foods which is about a block or so away and Chelsea Papaya for a late night snack or dinner. I would definitely stay at the Four Points again.

• Stayed: April 2005