“Good solution for Manhattam at reasonable price”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #303 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Laveno-Mombello, Italy
“Good solution for Manhattam at reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Nice and confortable little (for NYC) hotel in Chelsea (between 7th Ave with 25th St.
10 blocks up to Empire State Building, Macy's and other attractions. Little more blocks up to Times Square.
Several shops (pharmacies) very close, cafes and other stores.
Clean and confortable rooms, well furnished, well lighted and efficient (ed. AC plugs close to bed), not huge but adeguate. We were in four (2 adults and 2 kids) and we stayed very well.
At the highest floors (we were at 19th) nice view of the Empire State Bld.
Two fast elevators (they working just with room key, a safer feature).
Congierge employees always present (night & day), very kind and helpful, two available PCs with printer, excellent WiFi.
Complimentary coffee, milk, hot water (tea) in the morning.
A good choise also considering the price, really reasonable for NYC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you Max H for your review. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our simple pleasures such as the business center. Our location is one of best assets as our staff and we thank you for highlighting them. Please don't be a stranger and come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

We loved this hotel!! Just 2 blocks from the metro (and only 8 blocks walk from Penn Station); it was in a super convenient location! With so many areas to choose from I was lost, but with a recommendation from a local friend we chose Four Points. It was close to everything we wanted to do!! The room was very clean and just enough size for me, my husband, and our 9 year old son. Very comfortable beds and pillows. There was always coffee available in the lobby with computers and tv. There was also free wifi. But besides all this the staff was super helpful and really went out of their way for us! Each and everyone of the front desk staff was super! Thank you so much for making our stay so enjoyable and easy!

The only negative was the noise coming from the bar downstairs. (not part of the hotel!) When we were given a room on the 10th floor back side of the hotel I was happy....until we returned from our day at 8pm! The bar downstairs was hopping and everyone seemed to be outside on their patio!! Thank goodness we needed the air-conditioning because otherwise we wouldn't have been able to sleep even with the double paned glass windows! And the 2nd and 3rd night it was cold and a bit rainy so the people weren't outside on the bar patio!

I would definitely stay there again and request a room not right on top of the bar!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hi Carol E and thank you very much for your review. Thank you for highlighting our location and staff which are some of our great assets. Our newly remodeled rooms are designed to make the most out of space and it's great to hear it worked perfectly for your family. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon!
Boston, MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Impromptu trip with family and was in need of a hotel for the evening. I used SPG points for the night. Staff was very friendly at checkin. Recognized SPG status, offered cupcakes to all of us on arrival.
Room was small, but served our purposes.
Room service was from Brewery next door and was very good.
A little noisy overnight due to garbage trucks, but to be expected for this chain in NYC. We were also on the 6th floor facing the street, so i'm not sure if a higher floor would have been better.
Only real gripe was the water pressure in the showers. Both my wife and I had to suffer through a trickle for about 5 minutes before more decent pressure kicked in.

Overall, the stay served our purpose, but I likely would stay elsewhere for a more prolonged stay in NYC.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your review Dad0fTwins. I apologize for the water pressure and noise during your stay. In the future please make sure to mention this and we can definitely try to place you on a higher floor perhaps facing the back to minimize noise. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a second chance to change your mind.
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is exactly what you should expect from staying at a four points hotel. First up its a pretty big chain so it is like the McDonalds of hotel, basically you know what you are going to expect and they are the same where ever you are.

The staff on the front desk were excellent super friendly and not in a condescending way. The rooms were fine, modern, clean, but a bit dark and drab. The bathroom has industrial strength bathroom products so you may want to bring your own.

Wifi is free and thats about it......I didnt have the breakfast, there was a sports bar downstairs, but I didnt use it. There was a small gym in basement which lacks atmosphere but does the job.

I stayed for two nights, its New York so there is no need to be in room at any time except to sleep.

The location is good the Chelsea Market is just a few blocks aways and there is a million convenience stores around.

Overall very standard, don't go with expectations and make sure you don't pay too much and then you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review superpang. The Four Points is a world wide brand and we try to make our guests feel like they are at a home away from home. Thank you for highlighting our staff. Please come see us again soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have stayed here in the past for business meetings nearby and always admired the simple yet really functional urban design of the rooms & public spaces. They are well thought out and comfortably furnished [I would prefer no shampoo-soap dispensers in shower however!]. I booked a suite this time and was really impressed with the design and the additional comfort level., It was on the top floor with outstanding views as well as microwave and fridge!This is not a luxury property, but a really good value and good location for NYC with a simple and functional series of rooms & suites. The bar is miniscule, but actually fun and at times crowded. I have only had breakfast here, and always satisfied. I would recommend to anyone needing to be in this location.

Room Tip: High floor rooms- especially top floor suites with great views and are very comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank PeterMmetroNY
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you PeterMmertoNY for your review. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms especially our suite.. Thank you for highlighting our location and I'm glad it's near your work place to make for an easy and uncomplicated stay. Please come see us again soon.
Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Three nights mid-week using SPG Points. This is a narrow, tall building, 8 rooms per floor, 22 floors. I faced the back, away from the street, and aside from a little after-work rowdiness on a small patio (this is an office-y neighborhood), it was extremely quiet. Larger rooms than I'm accustomed to in New York, which was nice, and a fabulously comfortable bed. Enough wastebaskets, an unusual thing. Didn't have much interaction with staff, but was greeted pleasantly by housekeeping each time I crossed paths with them and the front desk quickly replaced my key card when I left it in my room one evening. Very clean, enough hangers, enough towels.

As mentioned by others, close to several subway lines, easy walking distance to several places - and I'd include the Union Square Greenmarket and the High Line park. I found the coffee available whenever I wanted it and, yes, there were enough cups. Three, sometimes four different newspapers offered in the lobby. My first time staying in this particular neighborhood, which I know from various business trips, but I'll happily return here. It doesn't pretend to be a 5-star hotel, but they're very good at what they do.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review lemons1. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location/amenities to your expectation. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea. I used the last of my suite night awards that were expiring to confirm an upgrade to one of their suites. My room was located on the top floor corner with a balcony overlooking the Empire State building. The room was well appointed and very large in size and seems to have been recently renovated.

This hotel is far superior to the Hilton around the corner which I stayed at last time. This Sheraton wins in all aspects as far as I’m concerned. I’ll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank lindseybreeden
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Hi and thank you lindseybreeden for your review. We are thrilled you were able to redeem your suite night award and stay in our amazing balcony suite! The view is truly amazing. We love to hear when we have gained another loyal member. Please come see us again soon!