“Worth Your Time”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #329 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Three nights mid-week using SPG Points. This is a narrow, tall building, 8 rooms per floor, 22 floors. I faced the back, away from the street, and aside from a little after-work rowdiness on a small patio (this is an office-y neighborhood), it was extremely quiet. Larger rooms than I'm accustomed to in New York, which was nice, and a fabulously comfortable bed. Enough wastebaskets, an unusual thing. Didn't have much interaction with staff, but was greeted pleasantly by housekeeping each time I crossed paths with them and the front desk quickly replaced my key card when I left it in my room one evening. Very clean, enough hangers, enough towels.

As mentioned by others, close to several subway lines, easy walking distance to several places - and I'd include the Union Square Greenmarket and the High Line park. I found the coffee available whenever I wanted it and, yes, there were enough cups. Three, sometimes four different newspapers offered in the lobby. My first time staying in this particular neighborhood, which I know from various business trips, but I'll happily return here. It doesn't pretend to be a 5-star hotel, but they're very good at what they do.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your review lemons1. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found the location/amenities to your expectation. We look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea. I used the last of my suite night awards that were expiring to confirm an upgrade to one of their suites. My room was located on the top floor corner with a balcony overlooking the Empire State building. The room was well appointed and very large in size and seems to have been recently renovated.

This hotel is far superior to the Hilton around the corner which I stayed at last time. This Sheraton wins in all aspects as far as I’m concerned. I’ll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank lindseybreeden
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hi and thank you lindseybreeden for your review. We are thrilled you were able to redeem your suite night award and stay in our amazing balcony suite! The view is truly amazing. We love to hear when we have gained another loyal member. Please come see us again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location, just a few blocks away from the original shake shack, and there was a subway stop 2 blocks away in either direction. Very convenient. The hotel was nice as well. There was a minor issue at check in, as we booked a city view and did not receive one. After a brief phone call to the front desk the issue was fixed and we were in our new room within 5 minuets. The room was spacious for NYC, and our window looked directly out to the Empire State Building! It was a lovely view. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Overall, it was a great stay. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Hi aaamanda4 and thank you for your review. I'm sorry there was an initial confusion about your room type but, I am grateful to hear we rectified it immediately. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a week over Christmas. On arrival after travelling from the UK at 5pm we were met with the words sorry your room is not ready. Great start !! NOT. But we can offer you a complimentary drink each and one meal between you. The entrance to the hotel was not very inviting, Small and very untidy. The rooms themselves are very modern and clean . The complimentary coffee machine over the week either was empty or no cups on more than one occasion. We used the sports bar for breakfast as the Football was on. " can we have the volume on please" reasonable request I thought. NO sorry it may upset other bar users. So we could watch football and listen to a cartoon show. Very sports bar. The location of hotel is Great for all Manhattan attractions and a 5 min walk to Penn Station.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Gavin M for your review. I would like to apologize for your room not being ready upon arrival. Our guaranteed check in time is 3pm and due to unforeseen issues it can cause delays. Either way, we hope you give us another chance to make it right. If you come back in the near future please contact me directly so that I can make through on that promise.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at the Four Points Chelsea on business a couple weeks ago. The location of this hotel is excellent, on the corner of 25 St. and 7th Ave. As such, you can walk 15 minutes up 7th to Times Square, or 15 mins down 7th towards Ground Zero. All kinds of fast food and restaurants around, though didnt have chance to try many.

The hotel itself is clean and standard Sherton quality, which is to say good service, quality accommodations with all the usual amenities (safe, workspace). The rooms are a bit more cramped that other Sheratons I've visited, but in NYC you wanna be out enjoying the town and not stuck in your room.

I didnt try the hotel restaurant, but prices were decent and when in Manhattan you could expect to pay a lot more for both a room and food from most hotel chains, so overall I was pleased with my stay at the Four Points and would gladly return here next time I hit NYC on business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Shaaley and thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you loved our location. It really gives you a true New York feel. It's great to hear that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here with a college pal over the weekend. We were impressed by the spacious room and attentive staff. If you like your Starwood points, you should definitely consider this location. Its not too noisy and the rooms are clean and recently updated. The price was right, too!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Thank you Wendydomin for your review. We love that you like our newly remodeled rooms! Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Four Points Chelsea twice this year--once during the summer and then again at the end of January. It is a go-to choice for us when traveling into New York, as it is convenient to the subway, clean, newly updated and very reasonably priced for a New York City hotel. The hotel staff is very friendly and they give out cupcakes in the afternoon--a lovely treat :) I also really like that there is a Whole Foods right around the corner--great for snacks or a quick meal!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you mrsd725 for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. Please come see us again soon.