“Good Value NYC hotel in walking distance to everything”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #298 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Value NYC hotel in walking distance to everything”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at the Four Points Chelsea on business a couple weeks ago. The location of this hotel is excellent, on the corner of 25 St. and 7th Ave. As such, you can walk 15 minutes up 7th to Times Square, or 15 mins down 7th towards Ground Zero. All kinds of fast food and restaurants around, though didnt have chance to try many.

The hotel itself is clean and standard Sherton quality, which is to say good service, quality accommodations with all the usual amenities (safe, workspace). The rooms are a bit more cramped that other Sheratons I've visited, but in NYC you wanna be out enjoying the town and not stuck in your room.

I didnt try the hotel restaurant, but prices were decent and when in Manhattan you could expect to pay a lot more for both a room and food from most hotel chains, so overall I was pleased with my stay at the Four Points and would gladly return here next time I hit NYC on business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Hi Shaaley and thank you very much for your review. We are thrilled to hear you loved our location. It really gives you a true New York feel. It's great to hear that we will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed here with a college pal over the weekend. We were impressed by the spacious room and attentive staff. If you like your Starwood points, you should definitely consider this location. Its not too noisy and the rooms are clean and recently updated. The price was right, too!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you Wendydomin for your review. We love that you like our newly remodeled rooms! Thank you for recommending us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Four Points Chelsea twice this year--once during the summer and then again at the end of January. It is a go-to choice for us when traveling into New York, as it is convenient to the subway, clean, newly updated and very reasonably priced for a New York City hotel. The hotel staff is very friendly and they give out cupcakes in the afternoon--a lovely treat :) I also really like that there is a Whole Foods right around the corner--great for snacks or a quick meal!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you mrsd725 for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. Please come see us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed here on a quick 1-nt trip. This hotel is in a regular ny neighborhood, meaning reg food options vs room service only, and other services and subway are nearby. The hotel is clean and maintained. A simple but somewhat unappealing restaurant in the lobby. Free internet and printing in the lobby. I lost something in the hotel lobby that was not found or returned by/to staff. All staff encountered were pleasant. Particularly annoying is the elevator situation. Apparently there are no service elevators so all staff, housekeepers etc. use the main elevators. Long waits and long rides. I paid a very very low rate (from spg.com) which made for a really great value.

Room Tip: Obviously better city views on the higher floors but you may also want to stay on a lower level to a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you mgeolina for your review. I apologize for the wait for elevators. Unfortunately, a service elevator was not built with this hotel and we truly try our best to use them when it does not conflict with busy times. On the plus side, I'm glad your enjoyed our location and our staff. Please come see us again soon.
lcastanon
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Stayed a night at the four points in chelsea. Pleasant stay overall, check-in was attentive and quick and room was well appointed. Bed was comfortable, the view was nothing spectacular but it was okay. The hallways are tight so I was a little worried about the room size, which was pretty good compared to other hotels in NY i've stayed at. The cupcake welcome treat at check-in was a nice touch. Pleasant surprise.

I found that the heating/cooling system in the room was a bit noisy. If you are a light sleeper, the irregular noises of the fan could be an issue.

When I checked out, there was loud construction going on outside but I did not hear any noise from my room, which meant the soundproofing inside the property is quite good for being in such a busy part of town.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you lcastanon for your review. It's great to hear that the construction noise outside did not affect you and you were able to get a good nights sleep. Our Billy's cupcake is a great hit and I'm glad you enjoyed them. Please come see us again soon.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in January 2014 (4 planned, 2 extra because of a snowstorm) and was better than I expected. The room was good sized by NYC standards, and in very good condition. I was upgraded to a "city view" room, which I think meant I had a street view. Public areas and hallways were rather cramped which is usual in NYC. The location is great, and if you get the right weekend can be a great value (I paid about US$150 a night). Free hotel Wifi worked well. The hotel is close to the corner of 7th Ave and 25th Street, with a Whole Foods and many restaurants in close walking distance (though 25th Street is not particularly interesting). The hotel is within 3-10 minutes walk of 3 subway lines (the 6th, 7th and 8th Ave lines) so there was easy access all over the city. I was basically stuck at the hotel because of snow one night and ate at the hotel bar/restaurant and it was perfectly ok (though why anyone in NYC would otherwise eat in a hotel restaurant is beyond me). The staff was friendly and helpful. I used a car service to/from LGA Airport which seems the best option to me (about US$60 including tip); seems like it might be a challenge to get a taxi from the hotel. I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Asking for a city view room probably means you get a street view, instead of an air shaft or the bui...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you cadence8 for your great review. I agree our location is great and being next to most train lines is an added perk. I'll make sure to share your review with the staff and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.
Isle of Palms, SC
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff are on par with what I expect of Four Points. They did a great job with food suggestions, transportation advice, and even handled a contractor-induced fire alarm well.

I'd look to stay here again - price for location plus quality of room is fantastic.

Room Tip: Upper-floor city view rooms have quite a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for letting us know the staff gave such great recommendations. We truly apologize for the fire alarm and while they are rare we definitely trey our best to rectify them immediately. Please come see us again soon!