“Good location, value”

Ranked #301 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Anchorage, Alaska
“Good location, value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights in January 2014 (4 planned, 2 extra because of a snowstorm) and was better than I expected. The room was good sized by NYC standards, and in very good condition. I was upgraded to a "city view" room, which I think meant I had a street view. Public areas and hallways were rather cramped which is usual in NYC. The location is great, and if you get the right weekend can be a great value (I paid about US$150 a night). Free hotel Wifi worked well. The hotel is close to the corner of 7th Ave and 25th Street, with a Whole Foods and many restaurants in close walking distance (though 25th Street is not particularly interesting). The hotel is within 3-10 minutes walk of 3 subway lines (the 6th, 7th and 8th Ave lines) so there was easy access all over the city. I was basically stuck at the hotel because of snow one night and ate at the hotel bar/restaurant and it was perfectly ok (though why anyone in NYC would otherwise eat in a hotel restaurant is beyond me). The staff was friendly and helpful. I used a car service to/from LGA Airport which seems the best option to me (about US$60 including tip); seems like it might be a challenge to get a taxi from the hotel. I plan on staying here again.

Room Tip: Asking for a city view room probably means you get a street view, instead of an air shaft or the bui...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you cadence8 for your great review. I agree our location is great and being next to most train lines is an added perk. I'll make sure to share your review with the staff and we look forward to having you stay with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Isle of Palms, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Staff are on par with what I expect of Four Points. They did a great job with food suggestions, transportation advice, and even handled a contractor-induced fire alarm well.

I'd look to stay here again - price for location plus quality of room is fantastic.

Room Tip: Upper-floor city view rooms have quite a view!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for letting us know the staff gave such great recommendations. We truly apologize for the fire alarm and while they are rare we definitely trey our best to rectify them immediately. Please come see us again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here in October 2013 with a bunch of my girlfriends. We picked the Sheraton Chelsea mostly due to location and cost. It's hard finding hotel rooms in Manhattan that can sleep 4 adults. When we arrived, we were very happy to see that the whole hotel recently underwent a complete remodel. It was like a brand new place! The rooms are very clean and well kept. There's not a ton of space, but that's very typical for any hotel toom in Manhattan.

The hotel is in a good location. Chelsea is a very fun neighborhood. There's also subway transport close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review Gmichael315. We are extremely happy that you love our newly remodeled rooms! The location is like no other and I am glad it was so convenient for you. Please come see us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with family in December for one night. Upon arrival, we were each given a cupcake from Billy's Bakery! We had two rooms since there were 6 of us. One of the rooms was really small. The second room was a little bit bigger and more accommodating for two adults and two small children.

This was a great hotel for us. It wasn't luxorious, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was fantastic. The 1 subway line was about a block way and the F, M subway line was also about a block and a half away in the other direction.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and we were not satisfied with the service. It was slow and the servers were not very friendly. The food was average and unsatisfying. My sister asked what they had for kids (to eat) and the server told her, but he failed to let us know that they did not have kid sized portions or a kids menu. The pasta that we ordered for my 7 year old niece ended up being the most expensive item on our bill! The prices were expensive here. I know NYC is expensive anyway, but from my many experiences there this restaurant seemed to have above average prices for an Irish pub bar/restaurant.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I would recommend it to others, but I would not recommend eating at the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you kristy805 for your review and thank you for recommending us. I'm sorry you felt the restaurants service was less than spectacular. I'll make sure to discuss this with the proper department of your review so that we can make all experiences great in our restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great value for a very clean,chic hotel! Very attentive (young) staff. Dion is a breath of fresh air. Our room was spotless and the hotel was close to everything while being tucked away down a connecting street, nice and quiet! There is a Whole Foods less than 300' away, a very nice (clean) Goodwill store less than 300' up the street, subway stop 300' away! Book this place!

Room Tip: Used booking.com and got a great rate!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you Shawn C for such a great review. It's great you had a chance to check out our neighborhood. We have so many different restaurants, galleries etc. It's truly a great location. Thank you for highlight our Guest Service Agent Dion. He is one of our best and I'm happy he made a great impression on you. Please be sure to visit us again soon!
Leland, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family gathered here to celebrate a special birthday. We had four rooms. Although we arrived very early, we were given one room, to be able to keep our things, before we headed out for tge day. When we returned, late afternoon, I mentioned that we were there for a pencil birthday celebration. Upon hearing that, my daughter was given a top floor room with a great view of tge Freedom Tower, shortly after checking into her room, there was a knock on the door, and she was given a beautiful birthday cake. What a nice start to a special weekend. When we checked out, early the next morning, we left our bags with the front desk to store, which they handled graciously, both when we dropped them off, and when we came back to retrieve them. We found everyone there friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LoisNCNY, thank you for letting us and everyone know we made your stay great and that we were able to make a great impression on such a special occasion. We try to make everyone's stay unique and memorable and I will share this review with our staff to let them know it shows. Once again, thank you! I'm sure we'll see you again soon!
Pretoria, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

As stated by some other reviews, this place is average but the location is good. It is walking distance to Penn Station and has easy access to one of the main subway lines. Aside from that nothing exciting about this hotel. I was greeted warmly at reception and event got a free cup cake. (Hasn't that fad ended yet?) Charging for bottle water in the room I thought was a bit tacky as well as that there wasn't a mini bar in the room, but again a mini fridge. I was not charged for internet and it did work well. (Well done Sheraton) Rooms a bit small but it is New York. The carpet in the elevator definitely needs to be replaced. Good hotel if you have to stay in Manhattan for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you K S for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and the warm geeting given upon check in. As for the charge for water, there is no charge for the water bottles in our rooms as it's one of our simple pleasures. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.