“Remodelled!”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #315 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Remodelled!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here in October 2013 with a bunch of my girlfriends. We picked the Sheraton Chelsea mostly due to location and cost. It's hard finding hotel rooms in Manhattan that can sleep 4 adults. When we arrived, we were very happy to see that the whole hotel recently underwent a complete remodel. It was like a brand new place! The rooms are very clean and well kept. There's not a ton of space, but that's very typical for any hotel toom in Manhattan.

The hotel is in a good location. Chelsea is a very fun neighborhood. There's also subway transport close by.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for your review Gmichael315. We are extremely happy that you love our newly remodeled rooms! The location is like no other and I am glad it was so convenient for you. Please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with family in December for one night. Upon arrival, we were each given a cupcake from Billy's Bakery! We had two rooms since there were 6 of us. One of the rooms was really small. The second room was a little bit bigger and more accommodating for two adults and two small children.

This was a great hotel for us. It wasn't luxorious, but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was fantastic. The 1 subway line was about a block way and the F, M subway line was also about a block and a half away in the other direction.

We ate in the hotel restaurant and we were not satisfied with the service. It was slow and the servers were not very friendly. The food was average and unsatisfying. My sister asked what they had for kids (to eat) and the server told her, but he failed to let us know that they did not have kid sized portions or a kids menu. The pasta that we ordered for my 7 year old niece ended up being the most expensive item on our bill! The prices were expensive here. I know NYC is expensive anyway, but from my many experiences there this restaurant seemed to have above average prices for an Irish pub bar/restaurant.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again. I would recommend it to others, but I would not recommend eating at the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you kristy805 for your review and thank you for recommending us. I'm sorry you felt the restaurants service was less than spectacular. I'll make sure to discuss this with the proper department of your review so that we can make all experiences great in our restaurant. We hope to see you again soon.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great value for a very clean,chic hotel! Very attentive (young) staff. Dion is a breath of fresh air. Our room was spotless and the hotel was close to everything while being tucked away down a connecting street, nice and quiet! There is a Whole Foods less than 300' away, a very nice (clean) Goodwill store less than 300' up the street, subway stop 300' away! Book this place!

Room Tip: Used booking.com and got a great rate!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Thank you Shawn C for such a great review. It's great you had a chance to check out our neighborhood. We have so many different restaurants, galleries etc. It's truly a great location. Thank you for highlight our Guest Service Agent Dion. He is one of our best and I'm happy he made a great impression on you. Please be sure to visit us again soon!
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My family gathered here to celebrate a special birthday. We had four rooms. Although we arrived very early, we were given one room, to be able to keep our things, before we headed out for tge day. When we returned, late afternoon, I mentioned that we were there for a pencil birthday celebration. Upon hearing that, my daughter was given a top floor room with a great view of tge Freedom Tower, shortly after checking into her room, there was a knock on the door, and she was given a beautiful birthday cake. What a nice start to a special weekend. When we checked out, early the next morning, we left our bags with the front desk to store, which they handled graciously, both when we dropped them off, and when we came back to retrieve them. We found everyone there friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
LoisNCNY, thank you for letting us and everyone know we made your stay great and that we were able to make a great impression on such a special occasion. We try to make everyone's stay unique and memorable and I will share this review with our staff to let them know it shows. Once again, thank you! I'm sure we'll see you again soon!
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed February 15, 2014

As stated by some other reviews, this place is average but the location is good. It is walking distance to Penn Station and has easy access to one of the main subway lines. Aside from that nothing exciting about this hotel. I was greeted warmly at reception and event got a free cup cake. (Hasn't that fad ended yet?) Charging for bottle water in the room I thought was a bit tacky as well as that there wasn't a mini bar in the room, but again a mini fridge. I was not charged for internet and it did work well. (Well done Sheraton) Rooms a bit small but it is New York. The carpet in the elevator definitely needs to be replaced. Good hotel if you have to stay in Manhattan for one night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you K S for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and the warm geeting given upon check in. As for the charge for water, there is no charge for the water bottles in our rooms as it's one of our simple pleasures. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Virginia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I loved this hotel. Stayed here 2 days on a business trip. Location is superb as it's only a few blocks from Penn Station. My meetings were near Union Square which was only 10 to 15 minutes from the hotel. I was sipping coffee walking down to the Union Square.

Rate was very reasonable (under $200 per night). Every afternoon, they have a welcome reception at the lobby which features locally brewed beers and hot food. Don't miss it. Since this is a part of Sheraton hotel, the bed was excellent. Room was very clean and true HD TV. My only complain was the heater. Somehow I couldn't control the heater and it was set at 70 degrees. I normally set temperature at 67 when sleeping so it was little warm for me.

I'l be coming back to this hotel in May.

Room Tip: It's a very narrow building and there are only 8 rooms on each floor. Ask for higher floor corn...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Samuel H
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you very much for such a great review Samuel H. We are thrilled to hear how your stay went with us. From our warm welcome to the great and comfortable rooms. We are happy to be able to deliver great service. Please come see us again soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am SPG Gold and travel a lot. I stay in SPG hotels 90% of the time and know that it can be hit-or-miss even with the high-end brands. I booked this hotel due to location and price. I am a savvy NYC traveler so I have my expectations on room size, noise, amenities, and HVAC options firmly set - meaning I know that there can be a wide variance from hotel to hotel and even room to room.

So I was delighted with my stay here. The staff were terrifically friendly and helpful. My room was adequate for my needs. The bathroom was clean and had all the amenities. There were two bottles of water stocked in the room daily. The HVAC was easy to operate and actually worked! The street noise was tolerable but it is NYC.

Probably one of the best things about this hotel is that there are only 8 or so rooms per floor. This cuts down on the hallway/elevator/door banging voice considerably. I knew I had neighbors but never heard them.

Location simply is tough to beat if you have business through the city. I am a walker (even in the snow storm conditions) and could easy be where I needed to be within 30 minutes or so.

I will come here again often.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you Joshua K for such a great review. We are thrilled to know we exceeded your expectations and you were able to have an amazing stay with us. Especially being able to impress you when you stay at so many hotels all over brings a great sense of accomplishment. Again, thank you for your review and we look foward to having you stay with us again soon.