“Nice place, good rooms, comfy bed”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #325 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights at the tail end of a remodel of the hotel. We were concerned when we checked in, but we haven't heard anything or been the least bit bothered by any of it. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The room was good sized. The beds are very comfortable. I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rgb411
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you rgb411 for your review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were helpful throughout your stay. We truly try our best to make sure the renovation hs minimal impact on our guests and it brings great pleasure to know that its working. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel badly needs to be renovated, and the ownership/management is aware of it. So unless you get a killer rate, I'd avoid this for a few months. The location is good. There are many others directly around it. The staff is aware of the "worn" nature of the facilities, which helps. But like I said, you will notice that there is a great amount of room for upgrades.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you smrpenn for your review. We are excited and eager that our renovation will be complete soon. We look forward to having you stay with us post renovation so that we can show you how fresh and new we are. Thank you!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Overall, it's a nice place to stay. Like many other NY hotels, everything is pretty small. The rooms , hallways, lobby are all tiny. However, it's clean, quiet, and the staff was excellent. The location isn't great, so I wouldn't recommend this place for vacationers. It's one of those hotels that you only use for sleep. Not really a place to hang out or have visitors.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thanks to the reviewer for your feedback. Im glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was excellent. We look forward to having you stay with again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently at this property for a brief stay. The location was central. The street was seedy with homeless camped out a few feet beyond the hotel entrance. Hotel is under renovation. We were given a newly renovated room that was fresh, clean and nice. Bathroom was adequate. Soundproofing was fair. Bed was comfy. If you like mid-town this is an economical choice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack A
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you Jack A for your review. Im glad you were able to experience one of our renovated rooms and that your stay went well. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel, the front desk was under renovation, however to compensate for that, as we checked in my friend and I both got a free cupcake ! What a great way to start our trip! We were there for 4 days and the front desk was finished by the end of the 2nd day. The room security is great as you cannot get to your floor unless you use your key card which makes it difficult for others to get onto your floor let alone your room.

The rooms were not huge,however there was enough room for my friend and I to both have a spot for our suitcases on the floor and still have enough room to move around. We found the beds really really comfortable and there were enough pillows that we both had a great nights sleep. The room was tastefully decorated in greys and reds and was pretty modern looking. There was a big enough closet and enough drawers to put our things in, and there was also a coffee maker available with tea and coffee. The tv was in a great position and it was easy to relax after a long day, lying in bed watching tv.

The washroom was large enough and there was ample space for us to put our toiletries. Everything was clean and tidy.

The location of the hotel is perfect. We arrived at Penn Station from Newark airport and only had a few blocks to walk to the hotel which was not far at all. Check in was quick and efficient.

Overall we had an excellent stay at this hotel and would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The thick windows block out any street noise, but ask for a higher up room just to be sure.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thanks to the reviewer for sharing their wonderful experience. I'm so happy to hear that you loved the room decorations and that the space was efficient. We really put alot of thought into our new rooms and to hear that they made a great impact is so good to hear. Im happy you enjoyed your stay, I'll make sure to share this review with the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The lowest temperature the AC would cool the room to was 78. The TV didn't work at all and the plumbing in the toilet kept running water. They said they didn't have any other rooms left so at around midnight I got up and left, went to Penn Station and took a train home, which completely sucked.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 870danc
Lee B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you to the reviewer for sharing your experience. I wish to apologize for your experiences during your last visit with us. As a busy hotel running better than 90 % for the year it can become difficult to have another room available so late at night. Regardless, I am truly sorry that we did not do a good job for you and that your stay was less than spectacular. I promise that we will in the future and we hope you give us another chance.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea on several occasions while on business in NYC. The standard rooms are not very big, however, as a business traveler I really want a nice comfortable bed, access to an iron and a friendly staff. This hotel easily accomplishes all three. The location is a plus as well with easy walking access to restaurants and public transportation.

I had an error on my bill that I did not discover until I got home. I emailed Hakim, the Front Office Manager, and he apologized and quickly took care of the error and emailed me a new receipt. There was no need for back and forth or long explanations trying to get things right, he immediately took care of things. This is the kind of service that encourages people to make return visits.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeTK421

Thank you MikeTK421 for your great review. We also would like to thank you for highlighting our great service and that we were able to make your stay comfortable and easy. I am glad we were able to handle your bill issue swiftly. I will make sure to pass along your great comments to the staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.