“Friendly staff and well designed rooms”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #316 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The staff was truly helpful and friendly, and from arrival on, tried to make my short stay as productive as possible. The rooms, although NYC small, are very well appointed and thought out with coffee bar, wardrobe, comfortable chair, extra large windows and large desk area. Bathroom was smartly designed and very functional. This hotel is in a "IFFY" area but has great security.
I would recommend hotel if this is the area you need to or want to be in. I definitely would return.

Room Tip: High floors have very nice open city view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I want to thank the reviewer for their kind words and accurate description of our hotel. I would like to add to their comments that we have a wonderful service staff who can't wait to meet and exceed your expectations. We are also upgrading our internet bandwidth (and it's free!) to more than three times the brands new minimum requirements.
Sincerely
Lee Berthelsen-Leon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,070)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is generally clean, the staff is friendly and the coffee in the lobby is good. It's a solid place to stay if you're not going to spend a lot of time in the room. I was initially worried about bar noise, but didn't run into any trouble. I'd stay there again if I needed to, but I wouldn't send people there on their first trip to NYC -- needs more charm.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thanks to the reviewer for sharing their thoughts. We appreciate the comment on clean, because with our all white bedding and bathrooms we couldn't hide dirt if we tried! The Westside BrewHouse (our Bar) is a great place to relax and unwind after a hard day, and soon we will have the outdoor patio open for those who like to be outside and see who is strolling by.
Thanks again!
Lee Berthelsen-leon

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good value hotel in Manhattan. On a quiet street aswell, so not lots of traffic/horns at night.
Room was smallish (there was still plenty of room just no unnecessary floor space like you often see in hotels) but it was very clean and the bed was lovely and comfortable.

Staff were very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

We like it that people can't help but notice the cleanliness of our Hotel. The rooms are average in size, ranging around 185-200 square feet. We feature the newest and most comfortable beds that Four Points has to offer, and all in a neighborhood central to everything, but htat feels as though it's off the main path.
Please come back and see us again.
Cordially,
Lee Berthelsen

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed here in March 2013 and would certainly come back. The hotel is on the smaller size, which I like. We were in room 802, which was perfect as it faced the back and was on a high enough floor that it was very quiet for sleeping, which is very important for me when I travel.
The room was average size. Not too small, not too large. There were plenty of outlets for plugging in devices, and enough space for 2 people to get ready together. The beds here are VERY comfortable, as are the pillows. They also have lovely puffy duvets. The room was clean enough. No mould or weirdness in the bathroom.
There is complimentary coffee in the lobby every morning, and on one evening they had a free happy hour for guests (I didn’t go to it though).

The only quirky thing was that the cleaning staff did a halfway job of our room every day. They changed the sheets/towels and emptied the garbage, but they didn’t give us any new drinking cups, nor did they clear away the used cups and garbage we had on the tables and surfaces.

The neighborhood is perfect. There is a Whole Foods right across the street, and you can’t beat the convenience of the neighborhood. It’s in walking distance of everything.

All in all, I had a pleasant stay and wouldn’t definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Lee B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you to the reviewer for highlighting so many of the wonderful features of our hotel. Please do come back to see us again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This placeis an old stand by for a quick and clean hotel whiich is central, has a decent bar ( run I think by an outside business).
Rooms are small and clean.
Internet and shower are sttrong.
free NY TIMES/USA Today/coffee in the morning
Bed is passable.
The problem is its a $200/night hotel which sometimes tries to charge $300+
sometimes $400......which is insane.
Use starwood's site, check it against expedia ( which can be cheaper) and remember the price never includes another $ 30 in taxees and fees.
If its midtown you want this works and isnt as souless as the Sheraton's and usual Four Points.
It is what it is and in NYC, it equates to a hotel you don't pay through the nose for....save that for the $16 Vodka tonics ( before tip!)

Room Tip: Theyre all the same
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear TAR43,
Thanks for the complimentary review, and testimonial. We are very proud of our team, and we strive to provide value to our guests (especially compared to true full service hotels). We acknowledge that New York can be an expensive place to travel. Just know that as our prices rise to $300 (depends on season and occupancy etc) that other full service hotelsare probably 4-500 $. We will still be a value purchase in comparison.
Thanks and please come to see us again.

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is conviently located. Shortish walk to many NYC sights like Madison Sq Garden and Times Sq. Valet parking is cheaper than a garage. Small rooms and beds but it is New York. Lots of places to eat nearby and there is a bar / restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for highlighting many of the great reasons for choosing to stay with us.
We try to provide the service attitude that you would expect in a great hotel, and to strive for greatness with all those things that are within our control. We are always on a journey toward being the best we can be and promise that we will continue to do so in the future.
Sincerely yours,
Lee

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I booked with points for 2 nights about 2 months ahead. I requested an upgrade and early check-in as a SPG Gold member. When I came at 12:00, no rooms were available. Came back at 2:49 they said I had come too early and I would have to wait for a room. I waited and specifically asked for a room away from the elevators as I had requested on my reservation. They gave me a room right next to the elevators saying that was the only room available. I came back down to the desk and they gave me another room this time around the corner. The room was really old and smelled musty. It faced inside and I was kept awake all night by the noise from the building next to it and the noise from the elevators. I must say I was really disappointed with the hotel. They kept saying because the hotel is so small they had no choice. I had stayed in this hotel a couple of times before and I was on a preferred guest floor and had a pleasant stay due to my membership. I cannot say this time I had a good experience. What is the point of being a SPG member when there are no advantages? I don't think I will stay here again. This experience really turned me away.

Room Tip: If you like a better room ask for renovated upper floors.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer, I wish to apologize for your experiences during your last visit with us. I am glad to have heard that you have had a pleasant stay before, which means that we can get it done.
I think that we could have communicated and executed better in attempting to accomodate your wishes.
If you don't receive all of the information, how would you knopw whether we are doing all that we can to take care of you?
As a busy hotel running better than 90 % for the year it is almost impossible to have a room ready early (unless the guest has opted to pay for it the night before in order to ensure that it is there waiting). We are happy to accomodate guests when we can (if we can). Another difficulty with early arrival is that with so many late check outs given to platinum and gold members, early room availability is that much more limited.
I think that we could have explained this, put our guest in a room temporarily, and then relocated them later when there was better availability.
Regardless, I am truly sorry that we did not do a good job for you, but I promise that we will in the future.
Sincerely Yours,