Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Innside by Melia New York NoMad(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Chelsea Savoy Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
  • Fitness center
  • Room Service
Hotel Hayden(New York City)
1,079 results
All reviewswhole foodsnew yorkpenn stationwould stay here againrooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarefront desk staffhotel restaurantbeds were comfortablefew blocksgreenwich villageby nyc standardsking roomstreet noiseearly checkfour nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had orginally made reservations at the Four Points Sheraton and made the change to transfer a week before our trip. Apparently all Sheratons operate separately and don't have any connections or records of the others. The Four Points charged us as a "no show".
Even though I told them, offering receipts of our stay at the Tribeca, the Four Points manager has refused to refund our double charge. I talked with the 800 reservations which could see both and agreed it was a mistake but told me that it was up to each individual hotel to make such decisions as refunds.
For this reason alone, I say beware of staying at Sheraton; they aren't very kind,at least not this one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DenverCyn
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

We cannot even begin to explain how disappointed we were to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay with us.

Please accept my sincere apology for the issues you faced. This is certainly not the experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a welcoming, home-away-from-home, and to hear that we did not properly carry out this promise is very disappointing. Please know that this is not a typical service of our hotel.

I have notified our management team so that any and all issues are resolved immediately. We take hospitality, very seriously and although frustrating, thank you for bringing this to our direct attention. It is through guest feedback such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This was my second time staying at a Four Points by Sheraton Hotel. I stayed at one in Houston last month. I didn’t like it, but I thought it was an isolated experience. Now that I I’ve stayed at two different hotels in the Four Points by Sheraton chain, I now know that crappy hotels are just a part of the brand experience.

The Four Points Chelsea in Manhattan isn’t awful, but it’s not good either. The service at the hotel is great. Jessica at the front desk was kind and helpful. Veronica in the restaurant was sweet and had great customer service. However, the hotel is just tacky, old and uncomfortable. The furniture is old and scratched up. The bathroom looks like a bathroom at a bus stop. There is no counter space around the sink. Plus, there’s not a lot to see in the area. You’ll need to catch a subway or walk to see any parts of city.

I love the SPG brand, but I’ll never stay at another Four Points hotel again. It’s just not the hotel brand for me.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed the service provided to you by Jessica and Veronica. As for the room accommodations, we are expecting a renovation in 2013 and we are sure that our hotel will only improve. We want to invite you back to stay with us and if you should have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at 212-337-8315.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Recently stayed here on a mini break, as we entered the staff were very welcoming and were extremely quick in checking us in, I asked our travel agent to ask for a room with a view of the Empire State in the requirements she said she couldn't guarantee it but would try, i knew it would be high up but wasn't bothered.
When were assigned room 301 I knew right then and there it wasn't, I had read reviews on the hotel and although mixed you form your own opinion, so we had no cupcake very disappointed and a room with a view........... of the air conditioning system, thank god it wasn't summer!!
We were pleased to see that the hotel was offering Thanksgiving Dinner for only $30 and decided to give it a try ....... wish we hadn't, Starter Mixed Green Salad or Soup, I had Salad my wife had Soup, it was hard to decide what was colder the soup or salad, I asked the server to take it away to warm it up, the alarm bells should have rang there but you try to give it a chance we are not fussy eaters anyhow the soup came back slightly warmer, my salad did what it said on the tin it was green and bland with a very sour dressing like they had mixed some old dressing together out of the fridge to get rid of them.
Then came the main oh how we wished it hadn't, The turkey (well i think it was) was smothered in cranberry and looked like it had been re-cycled from a previously refused dinner the vegetables were shriveled up and to cap it off the pumpkin looked like reconstituted baby sick, but the best bit was next that to was cold, trying to offer them a chance to redeem we asked for the house menu only to be told they were only serving the Thanksgiving Dinner I refused to pay for this pitiful meal and offered to pay for our drinks, to their credit they apologized for and told us the drinks were on them.
Thank god for Dallas BBQ fantastic offer on their Thanksgiving meal and only $55 including tip as opposed to what would have been $80+ tip
Now back to the room although small it had all the facilities needed the only other thing was the bar was right below us and all the noise filtered up but hey ho never mind Keep Calm Carry On.
When we checked out the staff were again helpful as we didn't leave till late afternoon they kept our bags safe for us at no extra cost, and the concierge helped us to confirm our shuttle back to JFK

The one disturbing thing for us though we returned from shopping in the early hours of Black Friday to find a young lady at the reception in what i can only say was questionable clothing and unashamedly touting herself in front of the night manager

Room Tip: Refuse any room at the rear of the building we stayed in 301 just above the air conditioning system
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. It is with feedback such as yours that we can only improve future stays for guests. I have forwarded the information you provided us to the ownership of the restaurant. On future stays, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to look after your accomodation needs.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently stayed at the Sheraton Four Points Chelsea because we got a good deal through my Citi Thank You Rewards. Unfortunately, we couldn't fly into New York on the day scheduled due to the weather. Neither Citi Thank You Rewards nor my travel insurance would reimburse us due to technicalities in coverage. Even though they could have refused, the Chelsea Four Points staff credited us for the missed night's stay. The staff was outstanding during our stay and in helping resolve this problem.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your outsanding review! We are glad that were able to assist you with the billing issues you faced. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip in.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I took my little boy up to the Big City for a weekend of NY harbor cruise, Top of the Rock,Museum of Natural History, ice skating, carriage in the park, and memento/trinket acquisition. I used Starwoods points to book this place. We arrived on Friday in the rain and had a late lunch in the dining room a/k/a sports bar. It was OK. Our room was small and on the airshaft, but the first thing I noticed was the hutch, desk and other furniture that was chipped, nicked and generally banged up. The HVAC was a through the wall older unit. ADA shower, no tub, and plastic cups in the bathroom. Thin and rough linens. The internet worked; the TV was fine and the bed was not lumpy. Overall, though, nothing to write home about.

For reasons I can't really understand, my little guy wanted to eat most of his meals there and we compromised by having breakfast in the sports bar for two mornings. It's a challenge to describe our breakfast experience. The first day we wandered in and had a hard time finding anybody; a young woman with poor english eventually showed up and told us we could sit wherever we wanted. Even though they feature a children's breakfast on the room service menu, nobody seemed to know anything about it downstairs. We sat for about 25 minutes after ordering before food showed up. It was cold, having obviously sat uncollected for at least 15 minutes. The next day was pretty similar except this time the "waitstaff" was a young man with poor english. They charge you the usual NYC hotel prices for breakfast ( ie. $25-30 for two) and really, for this you should get a hot meal and fresh orange juice instead of Tropicana. You know what I mean?

The front office staff is pleasant and helpful. At the end of the day, though, I had to conclude that you don't get much bang for the buck in this place and I won't be back.

Room Tip: Don't pick an ADA compliant room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TruthTraveler

I have notified our management team as well as the restaurant owner, so that any and all issues are resolved immediately. We take hospitality, very seriously and although frustrating, thank you for bringing this to our direct attention. It is through guest feedback such as yours, that we can continue to enhance and improve upon our experience for all of our guests.