“Stayed 11 nights, felt like I was at home!”

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Ranked #299 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Stayed 11 nights, felt like I was at home!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed over a week this past summer. It was a fantastic experience. Fresh tea or coffee in the lobby every morning along with complimentary NYT and Wall Street Journal.

I ordered room service twice and it was brought swiftly within a half hour. You are located very close to FIT, a whole foods, and the subway. Chelsea is a a beautiful area of New York and everyday can be a different adventure!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are happy that we were your home away from home. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Joseph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Coastal South Carolina, South Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great hotel location in Chelsea. The hotel only had two elevators but they were pretty quick and I never had to wait very long for them. The hotel has a small courtyard outside the lobby that does a nice job of separating the entry from the street.
The Lobby was pretty small, but the staff was excellent and friendly. They were able to check me in quickly and were nice enough to give me a late check out time.

For the price the room was excellent, especially so in NYC. You won't be having parties in these rooms but they are not cramped at all. Beds were nice and comfortable. Bottled water, coffee and tea were complimentary.
The bathroom was nice though a bit standard with a little weak hot water pressure, but I still had a nice hot relaxing shower.

The hotel does offer complimentary internet, but in my 8th floor room it was pretty slow. Tethering 3G internet from my phone was faster.

I'll defiantly look there again next time I'm up in NYC.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your great review. We will take your feedback about our wifi to our provider to further investigate any issues you might have experienced. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed one night here recently with friends on a weekend trip. Check-in was easy, and since we arrived early, they held our bags in storage until our room was ready. The location is great for wandering around Manhattan. And the street is pretty quiet, which makes for sound sleeping. If you go on a weekend, there are two awesome flea markets just down the street on Sundays.

The rooms vary in size -- two of us shared a smaller room that was more cramped, and the other two had a larger room with more space. Although the rooms were clean, the furniture is pretty banged up. There was also no luggage rack, which annoyed me, but I don't know where it would've gone anyway. The beds were comfortable with fluffy pillows, but the sheets rustled really loudly. I was worried I was going to wake my friend up every time I turned over.

The bathroom was clean, partially new and partially old, but very clean. Great water pressure in the shower and the usual comically small towels you find at most budget-priced chains.

About the wi-fi: we were given a password, but when we tried to connect, none of our smartphones could get on the network. If we were staying for longer, I probably would've mentioned it to someone. But for one night, we just didn't care enough.

Some of the employees were perfectly nice, but a few were less than friendly, like they would rather be doing anything instead of working there. Not even a smile. Is your life really that bad that you can't even smile at your guests?

One other thing to note: there are only two elevators, and they're tiny. Just something to keep in mind. Oh, and don't expect to get the right drink out of the vending machine. My friend went to get a Coke Zero and ended up with an orange Fanta instead. She did get her money back, though.

All in all, for the special price we got, it was a pretty good hotel. Certainly not perfect, but I'd stay there again on a short trip.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigerlily11
Thank you for your detailed review. The wifi works with most devices, though there are glitches where certain devices cannot pick them up. I will make mention of your feedback to our provider.

boston
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. I was a little worried about the whole bug issue. The room was very clean. No bugs in sight. The bathroom also did not disappoint.

The staff is extremely friendly. Wouldn't hesitate to make another quick trip if the prices would only come down a little.

Only thing is if I was staying longer than 2 nights, a small refrigerator in the room would be very beneficial.

For me the location was great. I could easily walk to the places I needed to go.

Next time I think I will request a room in the back since the sirens can be a little loud.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I will make mention of your feedback into adding refrigerators for our upcoming renovation.

Collegeville PA
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night while in NYC for a business trip. I arrived to the hotel around 11am and they didn't have a room ready for me yet. Not a big deal since check-in time wasn't until later that day anyway, but I thought I would try. They did offer to take my bags and store them until I came back later that day. When I did check-in, the front staff was friendly and even gave me a cupcake. I was slightly disappointed that the lady who handled Preferred members didn't help me since there was nobody in line for her and I had to wait a bit. The room itself was disappointing. It looked like an older room with dings in the furniture, scrapped paint, etc. The HVAC in the room was on the louder side. The room was small, but that is typical for a NYC room. It was clean, so no complaints there. The hotel did offer free wi-fi and continental breakfast. The wi-fi worked well but the breakfast left a bit to be desired. The bananas were a bit brown and the overall selection was limited. I've had better continental breakfasts at cheaper hotels. For what I paid though, I can't really complain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank GigemAggie
FourPointsChelsea, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I reviewed your comment about the lady who handled Preferred Members and wanted to clear up that we do not offer seperate check-in. As for your other comments, we appreciate the feedback and I will work with my team to clear up these issues.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at this hotel to celebrate a friends birthday. We chose it due to the location in chelsea near the bars and restaurants and we are spg members.
On check-in we were greeted with a smile and helped us with anything we needed including bar and restaurant reservations. we had the premium rooms which came with a view of the empire state building on the upper floors. slightly larger with a sofa and bigger bathroom.
Very clean and well apointed with free wifi with good connection.

The best positive for the hotel is the staff, extremely helpful, polite and knowledgable of the area.

The downside is the cost, for the time we stayed it would have been cheaper to stay at much nicer 5* hotels in times square. we chose the hotel for location so paid the extra.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your fantastic review. We are happy that our staff made your stay even more enjoyable. We look forward to your future visits.

Berkeley, California
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This is a great little property in an outstanding location. For what you pay--it is excellent.
I have stayed there twice, and find it quite adequate when i am on a budget. In one room, the window did not open and that makes ventilation/heating tricky. The bathrooms are tight, showers only, but again, good value.

The bed is very comfortable which to me is an unexpected pleasure in a budget property. I did not have any trouble with the internet. The hotel is a little noisy--guests slamming doors, some noise from Manhattan.

They are changing food/restaurants, but the coffee in the lobby in the morning is excellent.

I would stay there again for the value and location.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.