Stayed at MONYC during long weekend last February. It was a busy weekend with Superbowl taking place in NJ and we were asked for full payment in advance which, under the circumstances, I did not find out of the ordinary. I have been in other hotels of this level in NYC (Four Seasons, Plaza, Ritz) and found MO as my favorite maybe at par with FS.
We had tickets to the Metropolitan Opera on Sat night and I cannot think of a better location to stay at walking distance from the Lincoln Center.
Our check-in process was a delight with the receptionist coming up with us to show us our room.On check out they volunteered to print our boarding passes without us asking. Concierge was also a great asset of the hotel and we were given very professional and invaluable advise about restaurants and activities in the city.
In our room, the views of Central Park through floor to ceiling windows where exactly what we were looking for, great setting and sumptuous decor. Loved the washroom and walk-in showers; one of the bests I have seen!
During our stay we used the Spa several times which was a great experience. Sunday brunch at Asiate was a delight and staff honored our request of a table by the window overlooking the park.
It was a cold and snowy weekend and we enjoyed the direct access to the Time Warner building mall for shopping and walking by.
Only improvement that I can think of is the MO Bar which we found hard to get to and closed quite early at night. I would suggest improved signage to make clients aware of its existence.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental