I went from the Mandarin Oriental in Tokyo (Japan) to the one in NYC in 2 days, it's amazing how two hotels from the same luxurious chain can be so different. The one in Tokyo is perfection the NYC one is the exact opposite.
Everything is bad, from the moment you arrive and nobody is there to help with your luggage to the check in at reception where you won't be shown to your rooms, the furthest you will be escorted to is the elevator still hauling your luggage !
You will find the only above 40USD breakfast in the world that includes no hot or cold drink in it, yes, you heard me, coffee, tea, juice are all supplements that with tax will almost double the price of your breakfast.
The spa is really not nice, very cold place with absolutely no charm.
Rooms are clean and ok, but in this category of hotels you expect the full package, great location, perfect service, and nice rooms. In the case of the Mandarin Oriental New York you won't find it.
Don't even think about staying there unless there is nothing else left, I can guarantee you will be disappointed !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning fusion of modern design with stylish Oriental flair, Mandarin Oriental, New York features 244 elegant guestrooms and suites - all with breathtaking views of Manhattan and Five-Star hospitality. Luxurious amenities include Asiate, the hotel's elegant restaurant; MObar created by noted interior designer, Tony Chi; the Lobby Lounge with dramatic views of Central Park; a 14,500-square-foot, Five-Star Mandarin Oriental Spa; and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a 75-foot lap pool. In addition, there is premium meeting and event space, including a 6,000-square-foot pillar-less ballroom with three walls of windows overlooking Central Park. Located in Columbus Circle's Time Warner Center, Mandarin Oriental, New York is in an idyllic location just steps away from world-class dining, shopping and entertainment, including the Broadway Theater District, Lincoln Center, Central Park, Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Time Warner Center's collection of upscale retail shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Mandarin Oriental, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, New York Hotel New York City
- Mandarin Oriental New York City
- Mandarin New York City
- New York City Mandarin Oriental